Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Airfield (Chiyuan) N-4 Transmitter

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Airfield (Chiyuan) N-4 Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Mudbay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airfield (Chiyuan) N-4 Transmitter

I have just started into R/C flying with an Airfield Cessna 182 foam model, so you're talking to a complete newbie here. I've had it out for a few flights now, and it seems to do pretty well, personal skill level considered. The problem is that documentation seems pretty sketchy. Can anyone tell me how, or indeed, if, the tx tells you that the batteries (I'm running plain old alkaline cells) are running low? The thing has no meter, so the only thing I can imagine is that either a) it beeps at you to give you a heads-up, or it just quits working. Does anyone out there have any insights?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:12 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Airfield (Chiyuan) N-4 Transmitter

I cant say on your model, but I have two 3 channel park flyers, and both of them flash the Tx power light. The light is solid at first, but when the batterys get low, the light blinks. Maybe you could find some old batterys and put them in your Tx to try in out.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:22 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you did not state a thing about the equipment you are using, only the plane, There's no way we can answer that.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:25 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No way to answer that without some idea of what equipment you are using. Sounds to me like a toy RC device with alkaline batteries.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:17 AM
KW_Counter

TedMo,
Read the title of the thread.
KW_Counter
Old 01-10-2011, 06:32 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Be careful, I have a JR Dx6i that runs on regular alkaline AAs,and it does have a meter that reads the voltage of the batteries.
Last week I had two episodes of new receivers not responding, in one of the ocassions I lost the plane. Thinking what the odds are of two brand new receivers failing the same day I changed the AAs in the transmitter and whala, the meter was misreading. What a stupid way to loose a plane, AAs[X(]
Now I am planing to replace the suckers every month.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Mudbay

Thanks for the thoughts, guys. Scooter, I'll definitely try putting some exhausted AAs in there just to see what happens. Maybe it will indeed flash, or otherwise do something useful. The thought of losing the planeespecially of doing damage to something or someonejust 'cus I didn't know my batteries were about shot, is almost enough to keep me from the field!

As it is, I've flown the plane for probably a grand total of 20 minutes, through two charges of the LiPoly battery, and have found myself wondering if I dared try it again without changing out the TX batteries. The Airfield/Chiyuan TX has absolutely no frills: just the two sticks, trim slides, and the on/off switch. Oh, and a row of switches for reversing the servo throws. Meter? Nada. Instructions? Nyet. Sure glad there is a forum, though! Words of wisdom are appreciated!

Thanks again,
Rob
Old 01-10-2011, 09:05 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Mudbay

Sure glad there is a forum, though! Words of wisdom are appreciated!

Thanks again,
Rob
That will be...... one dollar!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Mudbay

Hey, Scooter, just to let ya' know, I found some burned-out AAs and put them in the tx to test your theory: sure enough, the red "power" light flashes. Now I know what to look for. All we need is a bit of flying weather, and I'm ready to try it again!

Oh, and *cha-ching*, there's yer buck. Many thanks again!

Rob
Old 01-15-2011, 09:55 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Some very cheap insurance is one of those $5 multimeters from Harbor Freight. You can test your alkaline batteries with it, along with your lipo for total voltage and balance. On smaller planes, it can also be your amp meter so if you change props you can be sure you aren't stressing your speed control.