Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Got my first 2.4 radio

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Got my first 2.4 radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:26 AM
my05monte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my first 2.4 radio

I just purchased a new Futaba 6J-2 2.4 radio at my local hobby shop. Has anyone used this radio? I couldn't find a review on here and I hope to have this and the plane ready next week. I've read the instuction manual twice and will install this tomorrow. This is my first time dealing with all these adjustments, so wish me luck[8D]
Old 05-26-2011, 10:41 AM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Got my first 2.4 radio

Congrats and wish you all the best

I cannot forget the moment just few months ago, when I got my first 2.4 GHz radio Hitec Aurora 9. I love it, every thing about it.

I found a review of this radio, is this your radio? check the review otherwise I tried, you may google it as review on Futaba Radios

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638507

Enjoy your radio and happy flying.

Mody
Old 05-26-2011, 10:45 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

Look for a review soon in the magazine section, I've got one that Im putting through its paces this weekend.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:34 AM
my05monte

Armody mine is the new 6J-2. No visable antenna on mine as its built into the handle
Barracuda I'll keep an eye for the review in the mag. Thanks guys!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:43 PM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

my05monte,

Thanks I'd look it up on the internet, just curious to see that radio. Have fun with it.

Mody
Old 05-27-2011, 04:31 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

That's an interesting rado. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why Futaba has come out with a new 2.4 FHSS system that is not compatible with FASST. The new radio certainly looks better than the current 6 ch FASST version and seems to have some nice features, plus it also has 4ch RX available.Verrrrry interesting............
Old 05-27-2011, 06:27 AM
BarracudaHockey

I read the manual last night. Very impressive features for a radio of its price point.

Just off the top of my head.

Low voltage battery fail safe (shuts down throttle when rx voltage is getting low)
Vtail, Flapperon, elevon mixing
Throttle cut for electric or wet fuel, press it in electric mode and it will hold 0 throttle till pressed again.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:39 AM
blueapplepaste
My Feedback: (5)

Congrats! I love my Spektrum - its great not to worry about frequency pins and other shooting you down.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Phoenixangel

ORIGINAL: RCVFR

That's an interesting rado. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why Futaba has come out with a new 2.4 FHSS system that is not compatible with FASST. The new radio certainly looks better than the current 6 ch FASST version and seems to have some nice features, plus it also has 4ch RX available.Verrrrry interesting............ [img][/img]

I am just guessing here.

I have noticed in my travels, an absolute vast number of the DX6i. Meanwhile finding someone flying the 6EX is rare. I am betting this is the futaba answer to that problem.

The 6 channel market is a big one, not having a substantial piece of that has to be annoying. On the other end of things I have noticed a freaking TON of 8FG radios and not many DX8.

The price of the TX, and the really nice price of the R2006GS RX makes this very very attractive.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:33 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

The new 18MZ is actually compatible with both Futaba FHSS and S-FHSS as well as FASST compatible receivers. I still don't know why Futaba decided to offer different methods of modulation for 2.4Ghz, but the FHSS receiver line appears like it will be supported by the high end transmitters.

The Futaba 6J looks like a very solid radio with a lot of attractive features for its price point. Hopefully the RCU review will examine the helicopter features as well as the airplane/glider options.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:43 PM
BarracudaHockey

Well I can tell you that the reviewer flys all 3

There's no glider programming but it does support 120 and 140ccpm. Only one Idle up though.

The 6J supports both S-FHSS and FHSS though battery failsafe and something else (memory slipping right now) only work in S-FHSS mode.