Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

mini pulse-vs-taylorcraft

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

mini pulse-vs-taylorcraft

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 06:46 AM
kork
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini pulse-vs-taylorcraft

I just came back from the local school grounds and I now have a favorite electric. By far the e-flite taylorcraft with a 480 motor out performs in slow flite,aerobatics,sounds,looks, everything you can throw at them. What a joy to fly! If anyone is looking to get there second or third or tenth plane, this is the one. The minipulse is fun but not even close when it come to aerobatics.I also have a 480 in the minipulse, so comparing was dead on.
enjoy the day!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:37 AM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mini pulse-vs-taylorcraft

Your comparing apples to oranges at best for obvious reasons. You have a hgh wing and low wing similar wing loadings. I think you understand what I'm saying by your comment about the taylorcart outperforming at slow speeds though i'm a little lost onthe "sound" comment. They Taylor and the pulse are two completely different aircraft. My pulse from the factory was just plain underpowered though it does make one a better pilot that way. It really shines with more power due to the low semi-sym wing. I have flown it with a 480 in the nose and it really is a sweet performer but then power covers a lot of sins. I guess they just marketed it witih the minimums to have an ok time and keep it affordable.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:10 AM
kork
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have a 480 in your pulse or something bigger like a power 10? I know I was comparing two tottaly different planes, but still going with my gut and the taylorcraft is a blast to fly. I guess I could try a power 10 in the pulse and get full throws on it .
Old 05-30-2011, 11:39 AM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kork

do you have a 480 in your pulse or something bigger like a power 10? I know I was comparing two tottaly different planes, but still going with my gut and the taylorcraft is a blast to fly. I guess I could try a power 10 in the pulse and get full throws on it .

I have a 480 and its much better.......when you say full throws, the pulse is not a 3d type plane, but it does excellent groove/pattern type flying.