Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Becoming Citizen of USA

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Becoming Citizen of USA

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 07:32 AM
armody
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Becoming Citizen of USA

Hi y'all,

As I've been a member of this great rcuniverse for more than 5 years and my score is still 103 lol and which I don't understand I wanted to share a great news with y'all.

Coming Thursday June 16th, 2011 I will be Citizen of Great USA and I'm very excited about it. I'm so grateful to everybody who welcomed me in this Great Country and I've memorized the PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE as well, as my wife is Born American so she told me you gotta memorize it and in few minutes I memorized it.

The Oath Ceremony would take place around 7:00am and around 1,500 to 2,000 people would be there.

Once again I'm very excited, and I'd be a proud US citizen, working as contractor but happy, would hopefully get a full-time job as well and USA would proliferate, economy would be better, and we would all have prosperity back again. Ameen/Amen.

I wish to thank you all the moderators, senior members, friends and people who welcomed me here and helped me out in so many ways and I never felt unwelcomed here.

GOD BLESS USA.

Mody Khan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22582.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1622813  
Old 06-13-2011, 07:36 AM
G.Barber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Becoming Citizen of USA

Congratulations! It's great that you've taken the initiative to become a citizen, and I want to be the first to welcome you in THIS thread!

Welcome to our great country, and I wish you all the best of luck!

G.Barber
Old 06-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congratulations and welcome fellow citizen! Best of luck Thursday and ever after in this country.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:44 AM
armody

G.Barber, Charlie P.

Thank you very much I can't imagine how happy I'm. My mentor and friend who helped me repaired my Strega, and also teaching me how to build a Kit, as the project's been stopped due to heat and no rain in Texas. Now you can vote and b.......h with us lol.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:56 AM
CGRetired

Congratulations, Mody.

I recall, way back when, a comic once said, "Welcome to the USA. Vote for the Kennedy of your choice, but VOTE!" It was funny at the time, but you have to remember that the Kennedy's were running for office in the early 1960's, and it seemed they all were running at the same time.

Anyway, welcome to citizenry!! We are all very happy for you.

CGr.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:05 AM
armody

Thanks CG

[X(]1960 I was not even born lol. But I still remember Kennedy visited Pakistan and he was most liked president especially by my deceased Mom and Dad.

Thanks once again and I love serving this country, working here, supporting my family and I would apply for my siblings so that they may come over here, serve this great country and live US Dream.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:07 AM
armody

Correction,

I think I saw President Kennedy visited Pakistan in the old news footage, or it was some other President, I apologize in advance I may be wrong.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Aiden88
My Feedback: (5)

A couple years ago you gave me advice concerning my Hanger 9 PTS Mustang. You were very helpful and I appreciated that. I didn't use the site for a long time after thatbut when I started to use it again a couple months ago every time I saw your UserID I'd remember you helped me. Thanks again and congratulations on becoming a citizen of this great nation.

Good luck!!!

Oh, by the way, I've only been a member since April and I've got a score of 105...

Old 06-13-2011, 08:18 AM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

Welcome. We need more hard working folks willing to naturalize.

I too am socked in by the heat in Alabama.

Tom
Old 06-13-2011, 08:48 AM
armody

Aiden88

First of all I really appreciate your beautiful words, and secondly it is really very high of you to have remembered that whatever help I could have done in my very short experience I did. I'm really glad. A friend of mine he was out of job, and few other friends of mine as well, almost every day I get calls from recruiters, and I recommended one of my friend, and he's so happy that he got a job, and he said Mody, after 90 days, I'd be full-time, I said wow, he is working for Toyota, close to his house in The Woodlands. I'm happy and would get a $1,000 as referral in August. I love helping people, it's like inborn/congenital thing in me got it from my Great Dad, who died in 2005 the year I got married. He served in US and British Army and met his favorite American actor at war Douglas Fairbanks who was serving US Army. He offered my Dad to go to USA, if my Dad did, we would not have been born lol.

Tom

Thank you very much and I'm really proud to be a citizen to the Great country whose folks are hard working and built this beautiful country. I would love to Explore USA. I wish my Dad was alive as he always loved Hollywood Movies, if He was alive he would be 80+ by now.

I was born and raised in Karachi, Pakistan. Met my Caucasian wife on the internet 2004. She flew all the way to Pakistan, lived with me for 8 months, went back in 2005, met her Mom, and while she was coming back to me, her mom cried so hard as she knew she won't be able to see her daughter. My wife lost her mom in June 2006. I lost my parents and she lost her parents. That's life. We are happily married for 6+ years, and December 7th, 2007 we all came back to USA. My step son who is 10 now, he was going on 5 when he came to Pakistan, and in a year, he was fluent in my language Urdu, and people loved him, as he would go from one block to the other, played with 30 kids all day, unfortunately he forgot the language, due to his ignorant dad and his girl friend. I'm still supporting him, and his Dad really does not have anything to do with him. I've been supporting him for the last 5 years, and one of her 26 year old who would be 27 this August, I'm supporting him too. I don't want my wife to work, as she is diabetic and heart patient.
I'm diabetic too, love American food but I gotta be under 200 Lbs in order to get rid of diabetes. being 5' 11" , I should be 180 to 190lbs, and I'm 230 now.

Again I'm really happy and excited and Thank you all in advance for your best wishes and your support.

Mody
Old 06-13-2011, 08:52 AM
armody

Heat of Karachi gets to 120 F, but the wind/breeze is so beautiful. Karachi is by sea shore, do google the pictures of Karachi, it's a beautiful city. Humidity of course is a killer, so Texas heat has no meaning to me, but I'm little spoiled with A/C as my wife can't take the heat lol. Heat is hampering the flying too lol and it should not.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:53 AM
yakumo9275

how was the test? I hear its murderously hard I'm on a greencard (us wife) with dual australian/british citizenship.. I've been poking over the citizenship stuff but the test seems really hard...
Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 AM
armody

Yakumo,

USA allows you to have dual citizenship, you cannot have triple citizenship that's first off. I have Pakistan's nationality and I can have US. If I wish to get Canadian or Aussie citizenship, I'd have to relinquish either Pakistan's or US citizenship. As far as test is concerned. In the book, there are 100 questions along with the CD, which is audio cd with 100 questions with their answers, listen to that CD twice, and read the book's question's and answer twice, and you would memorize pretty much everything as I already knew a lot about American History. Test is Hard "Heck NO" USCIS officer would ask you 5 to 6 questions in a row, first he would take oath from you, and then he would ask you 5 to 6 questions randomly out of 100 question, if you answered them correctly, he would stop asking questions. He would ask you read this sentence "Who can vote" and he would ask you to write "Every citizen can vote" is it difficult????? I don't think so. Then he'd ask you the questions from your form, that did you ever claim to be US citizen, did you ever vote? the answer is of course No as without being a citizen you can't claim neither vote. Take your signatures, ask you that your name's spelling is correct as it has to be shown on your Citizenship certificate, he'd take 2 signatures on the corner sides of the pictures which are to be affixed on your citizenship certificate. once you are done, in an hour or so, you'd be handed oath ceremony letter. I had my interview last Monday June 6, 2011, as I can talk a lot, so USCIS officer took the longest time with me as soon as we completed all the formalities, we were shooting the breeze lol.

It's easy as PIE, yeah college test in Texas like my college test which is called Compass test for lone star college is hard as turtle's shell, this citizenship test is piece of cake. So don't worry and good luck.

**As you said you have dual citizenship, You cannot be US citizen unless you relinquish/give in either British or Aussie citizenship.

Go through this link too.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p.../cis_1753.html

Good Luck

Mody
Old 06-13-2011, 09:40 AM
blueapplepaste
My Feedback: (5)

Very cool!! Congratulations!!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:55 AM
armody

blueapplepaste.

Thank You very much. Never saw a blue apple in my life

Old 06-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Tjettzky

Congrats, Armody!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:54 AM
pete236
My Feedback: (2)

Good for you!

Welcome to the best country in the world.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have the words to tell you how thrilled I am for you.
My wife and I were talking about it and we decided it was a bunch easier to just be born here in the states. Truth be told, most Americans, my wife and I included, couldn't pass the test without reading the book a few times. We do tend to take things for granted.
All I can say is good on you!!!!!!!!!
It gets hot here too but there is no humidity, I like the heat but can't stand humidity.
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gene
Old 06-13-2011, 11:08 AM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's really nice to hear someone doing it correctly. WELCOME !!!! ENJOY !!! RED
Old 06-13-2011, 11:12 AM
armody

Tjetzzky, pete236

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your nice words.

GrayBeard (Gene)

Well you are right, it's easier for the people who were just born here. Just like many of us, we don't show any interest in our rich history. How these 100 questions sweep up the whole rich history of US. 13 Stripes on the flag shows first 13 colonies or states. I knew a lot of answers, but did have to go through the book and it's really easy and American history is really very rich. Test has been designed to be very easy and for those who are 65 or older and wanna be US citizens, it's more easy for them, they just have to know the question having * mark.

These 100 questions I'd say are good enough to refresh your history

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0025e6a00aRCRD

Well humidity is a killer, and our Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Mcdonalds, Dunkin Donuts, Papa Johns, KFC, Subway, They all taste very different and delicious. Yes all these restaurants are there in Pakistan and a lot of US companies working there, but people don't wish to look at it and they are forgetting their history as well. This test is great and I gotta go through it again. At least I know who is Chief Justice of Supreme Court, who is Speaker of the House of Rep and many things.

Gene Thanks a lot once again

Mody
Old 06-13-2011, 11:20 AM
armody

[b]red hed[/b

In December 2007, I landed in USA. I was sent my Permanent Resident Card or Green Card it was conditional, means 2 years, not 10 years, I had to remove the condition being here after 2 years or 1 year 9 months. As I was told by USCIS that my immigration case got approved within 2 years of marriage, if it was after 2 years, my GC would have been 10 years. I re-applied after 2 years paid $500+ to DHS and look at these honest people, GOD Bless Them, they looked into my case again, and advised me that you should have been issued a 10 years green card in the first place, as your case took more than 2 years, they returned the whole amount of money to me. What else can anyone expect.

I'm going to college Government is paying for it. I gotta take my CCNA test[:@], whatever the financial aid is left, refund check comes to me. What else can anyone expect. USA's a blessing and one can do a lot if they want. I wish I came here when I was 20[:@]
[&o]. But it's said in my language (DAIR AAYE DURUST AAYE) got late but got right
Old 06-13-2011, 11:28 AM
armody

Sorry, I did not mean it to turn it into bold, it was done erroneously.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Wagon1

That is AWESOME!!!! Unfortunately, many of us take being an American citizen for granted. Congratulations!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 01:44 PM
CGRetired

Now this is an off topic subject that I am really proud to keep right where it is and keep it going.

Good stuff, Mody!!!

CGr.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:11 PM
armody

Wagon1 Thank you very much

CGR

My intention is to keep the topic into the right direction and let it fly the correct circuit on 2.4 GHz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.