Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Decals

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Decals

I'v been searching many threads about customs decal that was posted a few months ago with no luck. I am looking to get some decals made with my name so I can put them on my planes. Do anyone know of a company that has this service?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Decals

I work at a sign shop and i have made a few vinyl logos and letters and #'s and stuff like that but i have noticed the glow fuel gets under them and they do not last all that long. I put them oposite the pipe and they last alot longer. Some one had the idea to seal them once they are applied( so fuel cannot get underneath them) but i have never tryed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There is a ink jet water slide decal paper. Design your own andprint it out. It uses a clear spray, Ithink it was Krylon, for setting the ink. The spray is supposed to be fuel proof also, so that should work. This is all stuff I've read over the last couple years, but never tried. I just looked at my book marks and the link I haveis a goner. Check for water slide decals and see what pops up.

Don

b&e graphics can do anything you want.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Cool, I've been making my own decals for years on a color laser printer... well wort the investment if you are doing a lot of decals. You can also print your own using an Ink Jet. Papilo " http://www.texascraft.com/hps/home " has the best quality papers Clear, White, Sticky-back vinyl, or water-slide; Inkjet or laser. If you use an InkJet Printer, you will need to coat the finished decals with Krylon Crystal clear. That's why I bought a color laser.
    One caveat; no printer can print "WHITE". If you need white on a clear background go to Callie Graphic at " http://www.callie-graphics.com/airplanes.php " or CFC Graphics at " http://www.cfcgraphics.com/flyingcircus.html ".
    Good luck!
    God created all men equal; Colt keeps it that way!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok, I think i'll start printing my one since i have the printer already. Again, thanks to all once again for all the good info.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've actually made custom decals on plain printer paper, glued them on with an Elmer's Glue stick and then sprayed Clear LustreKote over them. They lasted longer than the plane did(which, in a couple of cases may not be saying much).
    I don\'\'t enjoy getting older, but it sure beats the alternative.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got a small set from Testors, waterslide decal paper with the software to make stuff with. It comes with a little can of some spray, use it sparingly, as too much can cause the ink to run.

I did the graphic and text for this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw66775.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	1628519  
    http://www.tailhook.org/AVSLANG.htm
    Sign over Ready Room Door: \"Complacency Kills\" - Thimk