Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Atlanta Hobbies.

Ilive about 2.5 hrs from Atlanta. Isee in the new issue of Model Aviation an ad for Atlanta Hobbies. Ilooked up their website and Igotta say its kinda confusing how they group they model planes. Very differant from anyone else. Makes me wonder if they really know planes at all. It would be easier for you to look for yourself than to have me try to describe how they group them. For an example look in the beginner plane section. Lotsa stuff in there Iwould never consider for a beginner. 3 years now actively in this hobby and Inever heard of them before. They say zero shipping charges and that sounds great. Also too good to be true.
    Anyone have any experiance with them?
    ROLL TIDE!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Atlanta Hobbies.

My dad has been in the store and bought from them. He got everything for a 3 channel electric trainer and had nothing but good things to say about them. I agree the website is a bit odd compared to most rc sites, but it is an actual hobby shop in Cumming GA, about 40 miles north of Atlanta. That in it's self is enough to get me to buy from them over some of these other "fly by night"  or overseas sites. (disclaimer......I have not been in the shop and only know what he has told me)    
    \"that\'\'\'\'s not flying, that\'\'\'\'s Falling with style!\"
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #108

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

they are legit.. they all fly and are all involved in the hobby.

Heck, Russell over there has been in the hobby longer than most of us have been alive!
    Extreme Flight RC tech support
    IMAC Vice President|IMAC Sequence Committee|IMAC National Judging Instructor|Team Futaba|Extreme Flight R/C|2014 IMAC World Championships Contest Director

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats good to know. As I would be coming in from 75N from Rome its probably closer than I thought. Next trip to Atlanta I will stop in there for sure. Maybe even order some of the small stuff online just to see how their shipping goes.

Now that Ithink about it, the RC Hobby Barn over in Huntsville has a very difficult webpage as well. You really need to know specificially what you are looking for when doing a search. Of course, they are still better than Icould create.
    ROLL TIDE!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Visit their website and sign up for their newsletter. It's worth it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: stevenmax50

Thats good to know.Ā* As I would be coming in from 75N from Rome its probably closer than I thought.Ā* Next trip to Atlanta I will stop in there for sure.Ā* Maybe even order some of the small stuff online just to see how their shipping goes.

Now that IĀ*think about it, the RC Hobby Barn over in Huntsville has a very difficult webpage as well.Ā* You really need to know specificially what you are looking for when doing a search.Ā* Of course, they are still better than IĀ*could create.Ā*

wow i didnt know hobby barn was till around...
    \"Propellers are notorious for inflicting serious bodily harm while vigorously defending their space\" George Aldrich

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Atlanta Hobby is half way between my flying field (GMA) and where I live. I stop in every once in a while coming home from the field. They have a great reputation in the area and specialize in all things electric. They are mail order oriented but they do help out us local glow guys by stocking fuel during the summer and I do buy various accessories there such as props. Their news letter is also great. They are located just off GA 400 at exit 13. I highly recommend them.

Bruce
    Bruce L. AMA# 54227
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #15