Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Is Active Powersports for real?

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Is Active Powersports for real?

Old 02-21-2018, 05:27 PM
giguchan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*update*
They replied to me today and stated that they have NONE of the parts i asked for in stock. and i told them they should mention that on their site.
Futaba - HBC3B(4) 4PK 4PKS 4PKSR 14SG Charger - FUTM1832

Futaba - HT5F1800B NiMH Transmitter Battery 4PX 14SG - NT5F1800B

Futaba - R2008SB 8-Ch 2.4GHz S-FHSS Receiver - FUTL7608
Old 02-26-2018, 03:06 PM
F4-U’s for me

Man.... this has been going on since 2013?! I was about to order something that’s been out of stock everywhere for months. I was so excited to find it! Before checking out, I started poking around on their website, and noticed they had some items ‘in stock’ that I haven’t seen in years!.... then I found this thread here.......... so glad I poked around a bit more....
Old 02-26-2018, 08:33 PM
giguchan

Hey there,
Thats what i said... I wish more people would be honest. Either you have it- or you dont. There's another company that dont even bother replying to emails and the phone number is wrong.
Ghetto looking websites Rubbish customer service.. seems to be the norm.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:49 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

That's the reality of the market as it currently is- when price is the only consideration, companies have to cut everything that isn't involved in taking orders or shipping items out. It's worth it to pay the 3-5% more to a company that is in it for the long haul and wants to take care of their customers.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:06 AM
giguchan

Brother, You're not lyin.

I've LONG been a supporter of "you get what you pay for" Problem is while the Big guys finish squabbling i dont have parts.. So sadly i looked for whomever had what i was looking for and i guess that this is what you get people who will take your money if you are not wise.
Sad but true.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:48 AM
We Are Ninja

I was JUST about to pull the trigger on some parts, but Active Powersports sounds like a company that sells fitness equipment, so I decided to Google a bit... Glad I stumbled across this thread. I think I'll keep looking.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:50 AM
mdflys4fun

Default Do not order from them!!

I placed a order back in March and it’s now June. After the order was placed and charged I was told the parts were not in stock and I should have checked to make sure they were in stock. I went into there site and guess what they showed in stock. Parts were then put on back order. 3rd week in May I sent them a email to check on the order and they told me the parts have been shipped to them and they will send out to me. It’s now been over 23 days and 3 emails to them and I have not got the parts or a answer from them if they have been shipped. I would NOT order anything from them they can not be trusted!!
Old 06-20-2018, 10:15 AM
mdflys4fun

Originally Posted by mdflys4fun
I placed a order back in March and it’s now June. After the order was placed and charged I was told the parts were not in stock and I should have checked to make sure they were in stock. I went into there site and guess what they showed in stock. Parts were then put on back order. 3rd week in May I sent them a email to check on the order and they told me the parts have been shipped to them and they will send out to me. It’s now been over 23 days and 3 emails to them and I have not got the parts or a answer from them if they have been shipped. I would NOT order anything from them they can not be trusted!!
update I tryed the number from a earlier post 760-746-0600 and it worked. I was told they got my parts a few weeks back and they have NO IDEA what happen to them.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:54 PM
giguchan

Originally Posted by We Are Ninja
I was JUST about to pull the trigger on some parts, but Active Powersports sounds like a company that sells fitness equipment, so I decided to Google a bit... Glad I stumbled across this thread. I think I'll keep looking.

Don't do it..... it sorta stinks that we have to go through this late in the season... I've got other Hobbys.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:29 AM
jackieb79

Default SCAMMMMM - Never sends item - Keeps money

I ordered a funko pop for my son for Christmas December 16th, 2019. It is now January 17th. I have emailed them about 20 times and zero reply.
Originally it was out of stock and they would ship when in stock. HOwever, they continue to sell them on the website without stating they are out of stock.
There is no phone number either. Only the email address in which no one answers. Do not buy from them! Unless you like giving money away for nothing!!!

Old 01-17-2020, 07:54 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

Buyer beware on this place

Old 01-17-2020, 10:55 PM
giguchan

It seems that they are still up to their old tricks.... wouldn't have to go through this if every time i needed something i could find it..
I just wish they were honest... word need to get out about them.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:55 PM
Bubbernator

Thanks, folks.
I'm glad I did my homework before I pulled the trigger on an order.
It's gotten to the point where I have to do a background check on every new website I visit.
I appreciate the heads-up.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:46 PM
Gundambuiler81

Default Same thing

Originally Posted by jkdv8
great. Should have done more research like you guys. I like most of you purchased a speed controller and motor from them(only place that had the ESC in stock at the time.) Received an email from them the next day saying the motor was "backordered" and wanted to know what I wanted to do. Ask to either ship the ESC and wait for the motor or just cancel the motor. 3rd email sent yesterday haven't heard nothing. Probably end up opening a claim with PayPal.
Had the same thing happen to me as well. I placed an order due to my 2 usual vendors not having the item in stock so, I decided to give these guys a go. When I saw that they had the very item I was looking for in stock I placed an order. Like you I received an email explaining that the item I placed was on "backorder" until May, and I could keep my order open or cancel it, but nowhere on the site showed this info.
I then reached back out to the sender of the email "Greg",but have yet to hear anything back. I then attempted to cancel my oder, but my bank informed me that I needed to wait until the order processed,and posted.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:26 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

This thread just refuses to die.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:35 AM
pylon racer
My Feedback: (11)

I had good luck with them. I purchased an exhaust for my helicopter as they had the best price by far. After not getting a purchase conformation for about a week looked up reviews and found this thread along with several others which made me nervous, but I kept my cool. I emailed them asking about the purchase and requested purchase conformation and tracking info. 24hrs later I had my email answered with the requested purchase conformation and tracking info. A week later my ordered exhaust showed up. Overall a little scary given the bad reviews but it worked out for me but I probably wouldn't do it again. I'll stick with more reputable and well know vendors.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:58 AM
Redcatmcd

I just placed an order a week ago only to get an email stating no parts till june, i asked to cancel and 4 days after got an email with a cancelation number and refund
Old 06-27-2020, 02:47 PM
artest7

I'm wondering if ActivePowerSports is real too now! I ordered some stuff and saw immediately that there pending charges are on my credit card. But, they havent responded to any of my emails yet. Im trying to cancel my orders now! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE if they're real
Old 12-05-2020, 03:38 PM
StayAwayFromTrees

That number is no longer in service. It figures!
Old 01-22-2021, 11:05 AM
funmoneypit

Default active powersports

I joined this forum just to respond to this thread. In the last month I have placed 2 orders with this place. Jan. 4th for one Tamiya car. Received a confirmation email right away. Then Jan. 8th I ordered multiple Tamiya cars. Received an email right away. Next day (9th) received an email that every car I ordered was on backorder and wouldn't be available until February. I could cancel or wait. I told them I wanted to cancel. I also told them I had placed a previous order and to just cancel that one too. Gave them the other order number. They canceled the big one thank god (over $1600) but not the first one. The small order went on my credit card almost right away. I have emailed them now 3 times and called and left a message. Nothing. The phone number worked when I called. It will say it is a business called Side By Side but it is the same business. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I gave them until close of business today to contact me or I will dispute the charge with my credit card. It's sad this place is still in business and still doing the crap they do.
Old 05-18-2021, 05:58 PM
awolmodel

DO NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY WITH A TEN-FOOT (3.05 Meter) POLE!! FYI - as of today, May 18, 2021, Escondido Powersports, dba Active Powersports, has a Better Business Bureau ranking of... wait for it... F! Worst possible. 90 COMPLAINTS, most stating that they ordered something that they did not get, and yet were still charged for, while the company fails to respond. Website says that they do not have a phone staff so that they can keep their prices low. Anyone believe that?
Old 06-02-2021, 11:59 AM
rwagz

This vendor offers zero value in your quest to buy anything.

The reason this thread won't die is because this sketchy company won't die. I'm including their name here a few more times in case it helps a search engine rank it higher. How can this go on for years?

I was having a difficult time finding something in stock and found it at activepowersports.com which was promising, until I saw that they had good stock on everything. I'm glad I did a little research and found this and many other threads reporting on Escondido powersports bad business practices. Members of RC Universe, thank you!

I used to live a few miles away from their address - industrial part of town near the auto dealership park. Google street view shows a nondescript building with zero signage. I'm guessing that this is just some side hustle running out of a shop whose main business is something else. All we can do is keep threads like this alive. Maybe someone sufficiently angered by this vendor may try to get some of these threads' higher in Google results.

This grifter makes their money by taking orders indiscriminately and without regard to whether they can actually fulfill the order. The site showing everything being 'in stock' brings in traffic. One reason it takes weeks is that it takes a long time to drop ship from aliexpress. Whatever they can't turn a profit on never gets ordered or delivered. This leaves incomplete orders and perhaps some customers that forget to seek a refund.

To their credit, they did answer an email from me. I asked whether they had something in stock (that showed as 'in stock' on their site) and they replied within a day stating that they did not.

If they had said they had it in stock, it would have been a mess while I waited them to procure it for me. Their prices were the same as other vendors.
Old 03-22-2022, 07:52 PM
JeffinTD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just browsing for landing gear springs for a turbo timber evolution. Apparently a weak point as they are backordered everywhere. Searching by part number and these folks showed them in stock, but something seemed off…. Googled them and found this thread.

Thank you to all who posted. I’ll wait until they are back in stock at Horizon.
The following users liked this post:
BarracudaHockey (03-23-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 05:58 AM
MaxGuite

Default Active powersports

I did not see this thread till after my Blade 330s was in transit from AP, I wish I read this forum before it showed backorder till mid august so i thought it was like the other Hobby stores. I dont know what i should do thanks.
Old 10-24-2022, 04:38 AM
rocketglider

The Active Powersports site says they have a Hangar 9 Christen Eagle in stock. I had begun the checkout procedure, but it seemed too good to be true.
I appreciate this thread. It undoubtedly saved me a huge headache.