Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

DX7 with Lipo battery

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

DX7 with Lipo battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 11:07 AM
nrad2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 with Lipo battery

I have been using my dx7 with a turnigy lipo battery for almost 1.5 years. 1st year was great. Charge it once and I am good for a month or 2. For the last half year the transmitter acted great. But during that last half I had unexplainable mishaps. Thought it was receiver or receiver batteries. Not until last weekend and this weekend where all my panes and helicopter s started to go into fail safe mode. I read some stuff online (don't know how true it is) that the higher voltage can cause excess heat to generate on the RF board and can decrease the signal output. If this is what happened to me -the did I just fry the board? Still works with the lipo - just models go into fail safe very frequently. Anyhow, I wont be flying with Lipo no more. I'm wondering if I switch back to nimh would everything be ok again? I'm figure I maybe shopping for a new transmitter this holiday. JR X9503?
Old 10-30-2011, 12:12 PM
opjose

Default RE: DX7 with Lipo battery

The LiPo is unlikely to be the direct cause of what you've mentioned in terms of ruining the TX. Most of the JR/Spektrum equipment has no problem with the higher voltage.

Running LiPo's on Futaba TX's is another matter altogether....

However I've run into a similiar situation, and all it turned out to be was the connector at the TX where the LiPo pack plugs in.

You may want to open the TX and make sure everything is tight.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 AM
nrad2000

New JR X9503 coming in today. This time I 'll try without a Lipo. Lipo was sure nice in the DX7 when it worked. I'll be going back to weekly charging.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:11 PM
opjose

On my 9503 I opted for a 3200mAh NiMH pack I found for it.

Since I purchased the 9503 when it first came out, I've been running with that pack using the provided wall wart charger.

I've had no problems what-so-ever even when I've left the charger plugged in for a week.