Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

correct Antenna orientation

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

correct Antenna orientation

Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: correct Antenna orientation

Thanks Chris and you won,t regrete the decision To also add the Aurora. Hmm I did buy two A9's

Oh man I just returned from the AMA show this last weekend and and found out that HTS Voice for the telemetry is very close to release. And I'am told its gonna be a sexy ladies voice, Dang I sure hope she don,t provide editorial comment on the previous manuvers.

John
Old 01-11-2012, 05:13 AM
landeck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

overbored77, if you were looking at the Futaba 10C, you should really look at the Futaba 8FG Super.

Bruce
Old 01-11-2012, 09:33 AM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Landeck, I looked at the 8FG, and held it, Very nice radio, the problem is that I already have the Receivers for
Hitec and they are a good bit cheaper than the Futaba. Fear not I am still using my Futabas for surface and
I have a Spektrum module for my 9c that I use to fly parkzone bind and fly planes. I just can't say no to an
Aurora 9 tx battery and charger for less than $300
Old 01-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Pa-18cub150

Ok I updated and range checked the new Optima 7 out side the plane. Still had link at over 150 feet so I am assuming my first Optima 7 is bad, but I still need to range check in the plane and while running. Is it worth it to send in the bad receiver for repair ? Its never in the air but I have had it for over a year so there is no warranty . I also have no idea where to send it .
Old 01-13-2012, 05:02 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 175 Likes on 150 Posts

Send it to Hitec USA in CA. Range check the new one in the airplane and let us know the results please.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:07 PM
JohnBuckner

Send it back you only just assume they will not take care of it. Do not be surprised if it is taken care of no charge. I never even bothered to keep proof of purchase. They may well stick to the published policy and rates if you send it back with a nasty gram though.

John
Old 01-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Pa-18cub150

Got a chance to put the new receiver in the airframe and checked it with the motor running and not running. Ran out of room before I lost signal 180ft + . Apparently I had a bad receiver the first time.

I’m going to get a hold of Hitec tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:59 AM
JohnBuckner

Been using Hitec almost exclusively except maybe my old JR 10Sx since the first Prism 7X. Any thing hitec that is suspect you do yourself a disfaver if you hold back from a service return simply because you are worried about a dumb receipt or warrenty.

I beleve Hitec to have the best and most liberal actual customer service strategy and plan than any of the others and I have delt with most of the current majors and many more from the distant past.

I am not talking the published rates, that all of them will have to do its what the internal real world policy is in most cases that counts. Now in your case its obvious there will be no charges and of course the only cost to you is going to be just the cost of shipping to them and perhaps some frustration, nothing else Receipts or warrantees period you do not need to worry your head over. Anything other than that I would be totaly shocked.

I use to keep a Bag-O-Receivers that I would just send back about once a year. Now this was from my Q-500 days both 424 and 428 and both my team mate and I would go through airplanes at a tremendous rate every season. Some of these Rxs were even embarassing to return kinda flattened

All I ever would include was an embarassed and/or sad smiley face. Always while I never knew the logic I would get new Rx's or simple repairs back sometimes no charge or sometimes a very low charge that was not even close to being as much as the published charges for repairs.

Enjoy your new system you will love it.

John