Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Santa has been clearded!

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Santa has been clearded!

Old 12-23-2011, 04:47 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Santa has been clearded!

Air Traffic Control has pre-cleared Santa for an IFR departure from the North Pole which I heard he will request VFR shortly after lift-off. Hopefully, he will have a clear view of your home as he passes through the US Air Space.

I have his ICAO address so I will be tracking him on the FAA's ADS-B system. But, for those of you that don't have access to ADS-B, perhaps he can be tracked on Flightaware.com All you need is his flight number or tail number and you can track him too.

All kidding aside, I wish everyone here at RCU a Merry Christmas and a Safe, Happy, and Prosperous New Year.

Irish: Best wishes to your soon-to-be Marine grandson!!! We are all proud of him.

CG Retired
(Dick S).

PS: If you can't find Santa Sliegh's Tail number, then you can go here to track him. http://www.noradsanta.org/en/

Best wishes to you all.

CGr.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:23 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Santa has been clearded!

Same to you Dick and to all of our RCU brethren, may you find peace, joy and happiness during this time of celebration.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:07 AM
goirish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would a retired person do without all of his friends on RCU. Merry Christmas. BTW, Santa stopped here to repair his sleigh and left many presents as a thank-you. Hope it wasn't one of yours

Dick, going to San Diego Jan 2012 to see my grandson complete basic and become a genuine Marine.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:32 AM
CGRetired

Gene, After going through a somewhat similar experience in the Navy back in 1964, well, I understand how he will feel once he graduates. And, I stand with you for being proud of him. God bless our military.

On a separate note, it's official.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...-from-faa.html

CGr.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:14 PM
CGRetired

Air Traffic Control reported that Santa had some turbulence along the way. He had some pretty good head winds between Santa Fe and San Diego, I guess it was those pesky Santa Anna winds. He stopped along the way for fuel. Hopefully, wherever he stopped, they had some milk and cookies for hiim.

Once on the West Coast, he was diverted from San Francisco because of fog. He managed to get in later on, though.

He is safely back at the North Pole, though, and is quietly resting right now. I understand that he is already making plans for next year.

CGr.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:44 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Santa go away, im broke[:'(]
Old 12-28-2011, 11:09 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

goirish is absolutely correct. RCU is a fabulous way for us old guys to spend some time, especially when we don't feel much like doing anything else. Although Christmas is gone, I do wish all of you a very happy holiday season and good health.