Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Back Ordered ! How long?

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Back Ordered ! How long?

Old 01-14-2012, 11:34 AM
ES CONTROL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back Ordered ! How long?

I Have been waiting since Aug. On a Regulator . I have been told by LHS that mid Jan. It will be shiped.

Also Back ordered Turniguy From Hobby King . Who nows????????????

And Hobby King has shipped a 14.8 v. Batt. Its been almost 3 weeks!!!

Do I keep quiet and wait. or take action?
Old 01-14-2012, 12:51 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Back Ordered ! How long?

I think it has been evident that an attempted back order from Hong Kong or most specifically Hobby King is a real bad idea.

A reasonable response to this question is maybe never.

On the other hand I have had maybe two orders that were successful as well as the product, bbut would never attempt to make a backorder.

Now if your purchase included cheap Lipo's here is one of those lipo's that a fellow right next to me did receive and this was his first flight attempt. Occured when he pluged the battery in and it had been charged at home, cannot comment beyond that.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51684.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1713911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54304.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	1713912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc77918.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1713913  
Old 01-14-2012, 01:10 PM
rye
My Feedback: (10)

forever i been waiting for the l-4 forever
Old 01-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A back order from HK can take a very long time. My flying partner ordered 4 of there LIPO packs that were on back order and it took about 6 months.
About the pack John is showing that was a HK product. I have seen several of the LIPO packs start smoking and they weren't from HK. There are a number of reasons for a pack to spark up. By now everyone should know about the fire danger of a LIPO pack. I know on mine I had to solder my own Deans connectors onto the batteries then I had to solder on my own connector onto my ESC. A mistake during the soldering or a short of any kind can cause this fire problem. I'm not a person that orders from HK but I do fly with a lot of guys that buy there electric products from no one else and I haven't seen any problems with there products. When one of there chargers started to smoke and the wires were burnt off before we could get to it we discovered the operator connected the charger backasswards. Mistakes happen. Today several of us just ordered a bunch of items from HK. Myself, I ordered three LIPO packs and an Ignition for a DLE. The savings are worth it but if anything was on back order I wouldn't have placed my order. I'm not someone that is going to wait that long.
To the OP, it can take a while, a long while. If you see something on back order just forget it and buy your items state side and spend the extra money.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:24 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

As I noted that pack was specifically from HK and I cannot offer any further info other than the fellow was an experianced electric flyer and had charged it at home several hours earlier and ignition occured rapidly as he plugged it in.

Actually he cannot offer any further info either. I am only the messenger take it for what its worth. Now what I did not mention was my pit table is right next next to that table and as it happened I was in process of fueling one of my 50cc airplanes with gasolene of course. That occurance happened with a loud report for all the world sounding just like a mortor. Jerking around I saw the open flames and reacted as quickly as I could taking the gas jug and myself in my wheelchair to rear. After getting clear and I grabbed my extinguisher which I always keep near and pitched it to the fellow who was on his feet and thats then I was able to take a few pictures. That exhausted extinguisher that is in one photo, is mine.

One of my fifty cc airplanes is a Turnigy from Hobby King and it is reliable, easy to start and what one would call a lethargic engine in the power department and thats fine. It been a success, worth the money for the purpose however I have no illusions about its durabilty or the fact its what I would call a throwaway engine. My other 50 cc class is an OS 55GT which is not even in the same class with the Turnigy though. That engine is superb in all the catagorys and worth every penny that was spent on it which was about three tiimes the cost of the Turnigy.

John
Old 01-14-2012, 05:55 PM
ES CONTROL

I am not in love with electric flight ether.   And HK I am finished with.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:06 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have watched an item I have wanted from Hobby King for over a year, still not in and I am signed up for the email alerts. Back ordering anything form HK is iffy at best.

What regulator are you looking for?

I just ordered a couple from Hobbypartz.

That lipo was a good one. It went the best way it could. There nothing half way about it. Shame to see such damage. Would like to know, miss wired battery, ESC, shorted connector, all sorts of guess, but we will not really find out.

Buzz.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:46 PM
GaryHarris

Never had a problem with HK. Just make sure you order from the American flag symbol and that it's in stock. I would NEVER order from China!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:32 AM
grimmy55

how longs a peice of string