Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What happened to "The Realm"?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What happened to "The Realm"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to "The Realm"?

Hey guys, I have been on an RC plane sabatical for a while but still got all my stuff. Coaching t-ball and church activities with the kids have taken priority and lots of "hobby" time away, lol. I was gonna sell a couple of my more advanced planes since I don't keep up the practice and noticed that The Realm of Hobbies and Games is closed in Moore, OK. I know RCKen used it and a few others here did too. I was gonna hang them up there for sale but can't and was just wondering if anyone knew what happened?
Old 04-05-2012, 11:25 AM
OKC_Jim

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What happened to

I was wondering the same thing. I stopped by their old location today, and no Realm.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:38 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Its the Economy.  Also lack of interest in the current generation, so hung up on video games that RC is boring.  A lot of LHS are gone now, and those still around don't have much in stock.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I am only going from second hand info. But, I heard it was losing money. Then the man that was running it for the owner opened his own place at a different location. It lasted just a few months and the same issue, it was also losing money. I have always delt with Mike. It's 100 miles each way to his place so i plan ahead. I recently bought a 50Cc plane with all new equipment. I dropped by one day when I was in OKC and gave him the list. He had about 1/3 of the stuff in stock, so I bought it then went back when the rest was in. YES it is easier to mail order. But Mike steared me the right way on some of the components I had no idea about. Plus he said when I finished it to bring it by so he could tune the engine. It's things like this that will make me do as much business with him as I can. If I need some small things quick I will mail order, but I try and give most of business to him. Be loyal to your LHS people and he will be there when you need him.

david
Old 04-10-2012, 08:32 AM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard from a fellow local flyer that he opened up in Newcastle. Maybe that's where Jim opened his? If I figure out anymore I'll post it.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:05 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

The one in Newcastle is also closed.