Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

looking for sim

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

looking for sim

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 02:07 PM
jonnynoz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for sim

does anyone have an old sim i can have for free or cheap. im looking just for the game disk to use. i already have a controller. thanks guys
Old 04-06-2012, 07:50 PM
sweatybetty

Default RE: looking for sim

http://rcflightsim.com/
Old 04-07-2012, 04:58 AM
CGRetired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the Clearview sim ( http://rcflightsim.com/ ) is pretty good. They have a real good trainer for the free version. And, the price of getting the full version, $39, for what it is, is a good way to go. I set up my Realflight Interlink transmitter to it. Simple and clean, and it took me all of about 2 minutes to get the sim working.

That's pretty darn good!!!

CGr.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

FMS continues to be free. 

http://n.ethz.ch/~mmoeller/fms/index_e.html
Old 04-08-2012, 05:50 AM
Link119

I also use FMS. Its only disadvantages are short runways, and a bad camera angle for landing the plane...
Old 04-09-2012, 05:54 AM
ATVAlliance

Clearview is what I use.  however there is no "free version" that I know of...at least not when I bought it a couple years ago.  But still for 40 bucks you cant go wrong.  Apples and Oranges comparing it to FMS.

The "free version" only works for free for "X" number of minutes (think its like five minutes)...then it stops working until you buy the key.  I think the developer put this security feature in so you could download and use the FULL flight SIM and all its features to make sure it works with your PC and you actually like it.  But again...once your 5 minutes is up (or however many minutes it is)...it will not work any longer till you put the key in.

Also...you can only install it on once PC.  IF you have a 2nd computer...say a laptop, you can contact the developer and he will send you a 2nd key to use on your laptop.  If you dont...you will have to DE-activate it on the PC...then RE-activate it on the laptop...then back again.

goodluck