Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

The Unofficial World Record Hobbyzone longest wing span!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

The Unofficial World Record Hobbyzone longest wing span!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Procrastinator
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Unofficial World Record Hobbyzone longest wing span!

OK, OK, OK, OK, OK!!!!
Come on now!
Would someone please tape a bunch of old wings together, and break my crapy record.
I need a new stupid number to shoot for.
It will give my life a purpose.
Stop talken and start chalken!
YAH!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 11:50 PM
Procrastinator

startsivs,
Did you download my AERO-COZZY video?
The person in the ditch, and diving out of the plane's path , is me.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:59 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

startsivs,

Okay, okay, we get it. Even though you say everyone's entitled to their opinion, you can't let John have his.

GET OVER IT, and please stop harping on it. You made a decent point originally, but now you're beating it to death, and losing support.

John has only posted a couple times as a result of your in incessant rants. Let it go, move on already.
Dennis-
Old 09-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Crashem

Help me understand here, why would anyone want to tape a bunch of wings together from a bad flying series of airplanes that has turned a lot of folks away from the sport?
WOW

startsivs,

the above is quote of Johnbuckeners orignal comment post #6
Seems like an opinion to me. Might want to relax a bit.

This whole site is opinion based thats what makes it so much fun.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:47 PM
slehmann

Default Stir. bay-bee....Stir

Originally posted by Crashem

One observation on this board and Ezone it seems that the guys that have experience in most cases seem to warn newbies away from these planes where as the guys praising them seem to have little or no experience with other types of planes... go figure [/B]
Indeed, and the ones with the most experience also TEND to denigrate e-flight as underpowered without seeing what's been done in recent years.....go figure.

I agree that people are creatures of habit, and that some find it difficult to "unlearn" old habits.

I don't agree with the theory that you can only learn ONE way to fly. What about those who make the transition from planes to helis.... A much larger paradigm change than going from v-tails to 4 channel "normal flight" rc planes.

Slehmann
Old 09-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Crashem

Indeed, and the ones with the most experience also TEND to denigrate e-flight as underpowered without seeing what's been done in recent years.....go figure.
That pretty funny.... but wrong go over to e-zone the guys there are e-flight junkies and they bash these types of planes just as much as the glow powered junkies do here.

Don't make this a glow vs electric thing cause it isn't its about the flight characteristic of the model or I should say lack of flight characteristics
Old 09-05-2003, 11:38 PM
DBCherry

Crashem's right. I fly both, and have spent a LOT of time at Ezone. They bash the Firebird type planes just about as bad as they're bashed here. (Unless you're reading a Firebird thread.) And as has already been said; the people who praise these things the most are the ones who've never tried anything else.

I'm a proponent of learning almost any way that you can, but I also see John's point about people getting discouraged and giving up after trying to fly one of these. We never hear from THEM because they quit. We only hear from people who have had some success.

I will also continue to steer people towards a 40 glow trainer and an instructor, because the odds of being successful are MUCH higher.

Oh by the way, I don't spend much time at Ezone anymore. While electric flyers
p1$$ and moan about how "slimers" bad mouth electric PLANES, try looking at just how much E flyers bad mouth glow FLYERS! I simply got tired of it.

One other thing. From the thousands of posts I've read, the percentage of E flyers who try glow and stick with it, are higher than the percentage of glow flyers who switch to electrics.

Sorry, end of my rant.

I didn't mean to head this in an 'E' vs. Glow direction, because that's NOT what this thread is about. It's about world record size, light electric planes.
Dennis-
Old 09-06-2003, 02:10 AM
Procrastinator

Hey all,
I would like to end the Hobbyzone bashing by presenting you with a short but VERY INTENSE home fly video from my backyard to your face. If after you watch and you are not impressed, I will request a reasonable reason why. and a video showing YOU (the BASHER) flying a better game.... But, I doubt many of you could ever come close to my video. Send me your e-mail address and I will gladly send it to you. (vid clip is an MPEG, only 2.7MB)
Contact me, and perhaps you will become open minded.
ANY TAKERS!.........I doubt it......most people here are all TALK...sad, but true.

My batteries are charging, and soon, I shall be up there... AGAIN!
Check out our cool site at
http://groups.msn.com/HobbyzoneRCPla...Clubunofficial
Big Thanks form the Procrastinator
Old 09-06-2003, 04:01 AM
flying klown
My Feedback: (24)

They are just egging it on. I deleted all my post because of that. I have a Aerobird, I have had a Mega tech, I have had a SIG, I have had a Cadet, and I have flown a real Cessna 150 sitting at New Haven Tweed Airport with a real pilot. I fly and love the Aerobird. It indeed will not turn anyone away from the "sport" I call it Hobby myself. I have seen more walk away from it because they said they just couldn’t seem to get it with a bigger faster plane. However a lot do just fine. Not everyone is the same. This gives those other % of people and some regular people that fly glow a step down for the % that are not ready and the ones that like just to fly anything from their 3D to the Aerobird! It gives the learner the practice they need without spending a lot of money and they can crash a lot. It is cheap to replace but most of all it is a tough one. For the Glow pilots it can be just plain fun.

I mean we come to have fun and talk RC not to some kind of “my dog is better then your dog”... I cannot participate in that. The Aerobird is a good plane. It brings in the people that do not have a lot of money and they fly! That encourages them to go further. Step by step. Up to a gas engine trainer. Get an Instructor and go down the right road at the right time.

I Love my Trainer Super Star a “Glow” plane. I love my Aerobird my Electric “ Plane” I love to fly a “full scale” Plane with a real pilot though! I love my ”Egg” Carton plane I am trying to build…. I loved my Control line plane that had with Piano wire on a reel which I thought was the coolest thing ever and the only way to fly at one time.. Yes…I love to fly! I love making paper airplanes and flying them at my wife and daughter with love notes on them!

So what? The electric turns people off to RC’s. Never heard of that until now. That is your opinion that is fine with me. I have heard that they got tired of building and buying other flying models that they were not ready for and end up crashing or always something happening to cause them to be turned off by it. Over and over again without much success…I understand. I was there once. I believe and it is only my opinion that a plane such as the Aerobird encourages one. It is a three channel on a toy frequency. But I would not say this is a toy. I see other people tell me that this is not a toy channel. They have their opinion. I hear people call a licensed Massage Therapist a Masseuse’ that makes them mad. There is a difference. I would say a balsa plane with a small rubber band was a toy.

I hear people and I have to laugh when they have no idea about anything to do with a Radio Control Airplane whether it is an Aerotech P-47 to a ready to fly fun plane. Now there is your v-tail you are probably talking about. You may see that at readytoflyfun.com and see those…But my point is; these people call them all toys when you say Radio Control Model Airplanes. The women that are not into it call them “the toys for the boys” no matter what kind they are. I have to remember that they are Model planes. Some think that is a toy when you say Model. I say I am a member of the Academy Of Model Aeronautics Inc. People think that is a toy club. It does cover cars and much more then just planes. So I guess my point is why can’t we just love the planes, models, aircraft, toy, v-tail, X-tail whatever you want to call it. All of us fly, build, share and should not degrade each other for what they/we prefer? You hear what I say; I prefer them all! I have favorites. It is according what kind of mood I am in.

So what if it is a glow plane or electric. You want to learn to fly. After flying the Aerobird for I would say two months. They will be ready to go to glow which is a lot of fun too! But I am not embarrassed at the Aerobird. I fly it with pride as I do anything else I fly or would fly! So what if it has a defected tail? I never had that problem. I would probably try to work on mine and make it fly right! Try other things too like Pro has. That is the fun of it! Isn’t that what it is all about? I disagree with people saying that they must start with a glow plane a 4 channel. Sure why not? For some people. But not all are the same. Some MUST start small. It is just the way it is and these are some of my opinions. That is what is great about our mighty nation! We are all on the same side here…aren’t we?
Old 09-06-2003, 09:39 AM
slehmann

DBCherry, Crashem,

I didn't intend to make this a "glow vs. E-power" thing, only to point out that because of the Aerobird, and other "toys" like it there are new ways to get into this hobby.

I simply do not agree with the idea that there is only one right and true way to learn and develop yourskills as a model pilot anymore.

Slehmann
Old 09-06-2003, 09:56 AM
DBCherry

I simply do not agree with the idea that there is only one right and true way to learn and develop yourskills as a model pilot anymore.
slehmann,
If you'll re-read my posts, you'll find that I never said anything about glow being the only way. I don't believe John did either.

startsivs,
Deleting your earlier posts tells me you realized you were wrong.
I mean we come to have fun and talk RC not to some kind of “my dog is better then your dog”... I cannot participate in that.
can't participate in that? Seems to me you've been doing more of it than anybody.

I'm done, better things to do.
Dennis-
Old 09-06-2003, 01:36 PM
flying klown

Cherry...How can that show you I was wrong? I said the same thing then that I did now. Wrong? About What? That everybody is entitled to his or her opinions? That being and saying hurtful things is not wrong? To live and let live? That some people do better starting out with Aerobird than A Glow plane? That some people do better starting out with a glow plane than an Aerobird? That we are all-human and should enjoy the hobby and talk and flying, building and not belittling people because of their preferences?

I haven't done anything in the past but try to encourage and be nice and say hey it is not right to hurt someone’s feelings because they do something different, I do not care what you say. Even if you say it was an opinion. Sometimes ones opinion can be just as hurtful to another. Just like one mans trash can be another ones treasure. So tell me my man; Where was I wrong?
Old 09-06-2003, 06:02 PM
flying klown

gone flying see ya later!
Old 09-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Foxtrot_019

hey, make a biplane with that thing and get two 87" wings on that thing. It's Frankenstein of the airplanes.

Foxtrot
Old 09-06-2003, 07:16 PM
Procrastinator

Oh Man!
That sounds too crazy, but I will let you know how it goes. I am sure it will fly great (ya, right) into the ground.

My batteries are charging, and soon, I shall be up there... AGAIN!
Check out our cool site at
Old 09-06-2003, 09:04 PM
DBCherry

So tell me my man; Where was I wrong?
Only in focusing your intial (now deleted) rant at John.

And to tell the truth, I thought your initial post directed at John was at least as "hurtful" as his original post. (But that's just my opinion . )

Hope your flying went well today. One of my clubs is having a fun-fly tomorrow, weather is supposed to be sunny, 75 degrees, with 5 to 10 mph breeze. Can't wait!

Dennis-
Old 09-06-2003, 11:50 PM
flying klown

Dennis I have no Idea what you are talking about. I didn't say anything hurtful. I want YOU to tell me and us what I said. I can go back and get it and re-post ALL of it. But first I want to hear it. Please. I will be waiting.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:55 PM
flying klown

No Dennis. What was I wrong about? I do not believe I was wrong. I have been very bias on it all. But I have not though or do I think I am or was wrong. So please do not assume you know what I am thinking. Thanks you sir....

Happy landings
Old 09-25-2003, 08:43 AM
flying klown

Default RE: The Unofficial World Record Hobbyzone longest wing span!

I see you never answered so you knew I am not wrong...Lets just drop this please...I will not answer you anymore. If you do not have nothing good to say go say it to someone else ok?
Old 10-28-2003, 06:02 PM
bigcove

Way to go, Procrastinator. Not only did you have fun building the monster wing on your 'Bird, you stirred up the feathers of a bunch of 'ol fliers. What more can you ask for?

I have enjoyed the park flyer e-planes for what they are and don't imagine they're anything more than a great get-away from work for 15-30 minutes in the afternoon. I have crashed, bashed and augered my Firebirds and they keep asking for more -- an Army DI's dream come true!

Now if I can just get this dual fuselage Firebird to fly straight...[SIGH!]
Old 10-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Procrastinator

BigCove,
DUAL FUSE!?!?
My friend said he wanted to put two Aerobird fuses together. Do you have any pics?
You got to go to our site....

[link=http:////groups.msn.com/HobbyzoneRCPlaneCrashClubunofficial]RC Plane Crash Club[/link]

Old 10-28-2003, 09:21 PM
Procrastinator

Old 10-28-2003, 11:28 PM
wings

I started flying the Aerobird this July. I sucked at it. I crashed it over and over and over. Two months later it was easy! I then bought a Sig LT 40 and fly it with no instructor and no club because I learned to fly with the aerobird. I will be the first to admit that it is not the greatest plane in the world. But is sure as hell taught me to fly, and cheap!

Wings,
Old 11-05-2003, 07:25 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Great wings on that Aerobird. That plane should thermal really nice. I thermal my Aerobird with the standard wing.

On of the guys at the club has a T-hawk and extended the 42" wing to 54". The plane flies much slower now, but rides the thermals like a sailplane.

As for the Aerobird? Got me flying and loving to fly. I am up to 6 planes. Three of which I have flown and three waiting to be finished and flown.

I have my eye on this IFO thing. Have you ever tried one of these?

You could sit on your back porch and fly this around your
kids.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/ifo.htm

IFO Demo at the 2000 Tournament of Champions
http://www.wildrc.com/htmlpages/movies/toc2000.mpg
Flying Combat in a gym
http://www.wildrc.com/htmlpages/movies/mk3combat.mpg

A bunch of IFO Flight videos including one inside a 15X25' office
http://www.wildrc.com/htmlpages/flightvideos.html

I have read that you can even pack this up in a suitcase and take it with you
on a trip. How cool is that?
Old 11-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

wow!
Kool!

Hey procrastinator, how bout a dual fuse tripe w/ aerobird wings?

I do not believe it is possible................. But it would be cool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.