Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Great Trainer

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Great Trainer

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 04:15 PM
rexbirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Trainer

I have trained a great number of people with many different planes. Last weekend someone asked me to test fly their plane. It was a Flyzone Sensei Electric Trainer. I fly 30cc gas aerobats, 50cc aerobats and everything in between. When I flew this plane I was amazed! It is the best flying trainer I have flown. No bad habits at all. It does not fly like the typical floaty trainer. I handles very smoothly. Takes off very easily and lands like a feather. Liked it so much I ordered one to put students on.

Comes ready to fly or as a receiver ready. Only two screwdrivers need for assembly. No glue at all!

It rolls, does loops and flys inverted well. All this and is very docile as well.

Amazing amazing plane. Flyzone hit a home run with this one! It also has a servo operated bomb bay on it.

If you are a beginner this would make a super plane for you.

As always don't try to learn alone. Have an experienced instructor on a buddy box to help you. If you heed this advice you will be flying in no time.

Watch the videos on youtube.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:51 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Great Trainer

I couldn't agree with you more. I thought it was me that was getting good. Come to find out it is the plane. I fly mine about 25 minutes per day and is one of my favorites still. One thing I had trouble with is landing it. I seem to go way too fast or way too slow , but I am getting better.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:00 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree it is an excellent trainer and have had two fellows trained with that airplane as a result it is the the one I currently recommend for electric although the majority of my students are glow flyers.

John

Old 05-10-2012, 02:24 AM
rexbirk

Last year I thought about all the wasted training time spent in trying to get the students own trainer flight worthy. I bet I spent an hour of time working on their plane for every 1/2 hour of flight time. This year I think we will start them on my electric trainer to get them some stick time before we worry about their own plane.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:10 AM
JeffinTD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious, have you also flown an Apprentice? If so, please post your thoughts of how they compare.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:22 AM
rexbirk

I have not flown the Apprentice so dont have any comments on that one.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:41 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not big on Electric's ( yet ) but for some reason this year almost all my student came out with Electric's . The Sensei and the Apprentice and I've got to admit that they were both Great planes to teach on. I liked the Apprentice a little bit better then the Sensei .

They also brought out the Switch, an ok plane but not my choice and it can't hold a candle to the Apprentice and Sensei. As it stands with me, if I could only have one Electric trainer it would be the Apprentice first & the Sensei as a second choice . ENJOY !!! RED
Old 05-11-2012, 12:28 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: JeffinTD

Just curious, have you also flown an Apprentice? If so, please post your thoughts of how they compare.
My first impression when I saw the Sensei was that Hobbico had ordered them up from the same OEM who is making the Apprentice 15e for Horizon. They are remarkably similar in design, and both sport an identical 58" wingspan.

Both fly extremely well. I would give the nod to the Apprentice as my overall favorite; the Apprentice power system seems to have a bit more thrust. The Sensei might be a little softer on top-end power, but flies very well. I like the receiver ready version of the Sensei, so I can recommend the student opts for an Airtronics SD-5g or SD-6g radio system to go with their new plane rather than a DX5e or a Tactic TTX600.

I think the Apprentice 15e and the Sensei are both terrific options.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:50 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Maybe they hit the home-run because it was not made by Flyzone. I think it is made by ST Models. Same as the Corvalis and the 4' Piper cub. http://www.sheng-teng.com/ym/productslist.html

They did design the Switch however and as far as I'm concerned for a second plane it's a home-run too. I fly my switch about 20 minutes per day too.

Both planes TXR with an anylink are a cool deal.