Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Inherited Planes

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Inherited Planes

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 04:10 AM
Bielzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inherited Planes

Hello all! I am new to this forum, so please excuse me if I am posting this in the wrong place... I recently inherited a few sailplanes and electric planes. Well, a few is putting it mildly, I think my count is just shy of 30... Although I would like to get into this hobby, it is one that I know NOTHING about! I figured that I would keep a few of both the sailplanes and the electrical planes, but I wanted to keep some of the less expensive ones, that way if I crash and burn it's not so expensive to replace or fix! I would love to rattle off all of the models, but half of them are already put together and I have no clue what they are... The ones that are still in the box that haven't been touched are as follows:

Windfree x 3
Sorcerer
Messerschmitt
Riser 100
Scorpio
House of Balsa Kit # K-26
Fling Thing (?)
Dynaflite Talon
Riser Kit # RC-52
T-6 Texan
Sophisticated Lady
Bird of Time
Marauder - SOLD!
Valador - Pending Offer
Aquila Grande - Pending Offer
Topflite Antares
Dynaflite Sensor 117
SR-7 - SOLD!
Hobie Hawk

Again, I know nothing about these planes, but would like to know a little more if anyone can offer some information. I can't tell all of the information as some of the boxes don't have 100% of the information on them. This doesn't include the planes that are already put together. I am planning on taking pictures of them so maybe someone may have some ideas, which I will post sometime soon. ANY information would be great. Thanks for the help! Offers appreciated!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:53 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Inherited Planes

More specific questions will help us help you. Do you want to know which planes would be best to start with? Interested in value? tip: unbuilt kits can be worth nearly what they cost retail if they've been out of production for a while. Planes that have been flown will be worth about 1/3 of what they originally cost on a good day.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:10 AM
Bielzebub

I would like to know which ones may be good starter planes. I live in Missouri, so I don't have a lot of areas to fly the sailplanes, but I think I have a few planes that are already put together for flying. Almost all of the planes listed are NIB, but would be nice to know what they may be worth. I am thinking about selling most of them but would like to hang on to a few for sentimental reasons as well as learn to fly. BTW, what is ARF?
Old 06-15-2012, 05:29 AM
ATVAlliance

ARF=Almost Ready to Fly  (pretty much means the airframe is built and covered.  the model builder will have to install electronics and power system as well as glue wings and tail sections into place to be ready for flight)
Old 06-15-2012, 05:32 AM
Bielzebub

Got it. TYVM!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Admiral052

Are you looking to sell any of them?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:36 AM
Bielzebub

I would like to sell some of them. Probably most of them. I wouldn't mind keeping a few of the actual RC Planes, but don't have the space or the locations to fly the sailplanes.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Admiral052

I would be interested in seeing these two planes, pricing and pictures if possible. You can PM me if you want to keep it quiet or give me first crack:

Messerschmitt
T-6 Texan
Marauder
Old 06-21-2012, 06:51 AM
Bielzebub

Thanks for the information, folks, I do appreciate! I think that I am going to sell or trade these sailplanes and get into the R/C Buggys/Trucks. I am kind of looking at electric ones. If anyone is interested in purchasing or trading, shoot me a PM and we can work out something!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:08 AM
opjose

Why not take advantage of the "Marketplace" here...

It's free and easy.

Take photos of each of your items and post away.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Bielzebub

I am going to. I have to have someone come by and ID the ARFs that I have so I can figure out what I have before I can though. I planned on taking a few hours this weekend and taking pictures with a yardstick for scale and posting them online, maybe someone here will know what they are. Sad thing about them, my father put together 13 kits from nothing but the balsa wood and never did get to fly any of them...
Old 07-06-2012, 10:28 AM
opjose

For the built planes you may be better off going to a local RC swap meet and selling them there.

Or you can post on the marketplace and stipulate "for local pick-up only".

-

Seems like your father preferred to build.

I've met many excellent builders who never fly the masterpieces they have built.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Bielzebub

Yeah, I had a guy come over last night to look at them and try to ID them, though he couldn't really tell me what they were unfortunately.... I have noticed that trying to ship an ARF is EXPENSIVE!!!