Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

aerobrd issues

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

aerobrd issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 02:47 PM
flip-flop-fly!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aerobrd issues

well guys i purchased aero #3 last week her 1st flight outta the box an a couple observations, #1 there crap #2 no qc @ the plant, ide lik to know who qc#4 is! 1st flight outta the box was interesting to say the least after range check and checkin control i let her go into the wind for my alt getting ready to turn dwnwind an trim out when bingo! no turn thing went fast from here, glanced of the trunk of a pine @45 back towards me(do i have an issue with trees?) and cut power and landed. well, iopened up the canopy took out the batt and noticed the frame that holds the electrohics and servos rocked back 2in. and was cocked sideways a bit ! it was only being held by the bottom two screws. my control surfaces checked on my pre-flight.well me bein a "little tightly wrapped" for my own good reached for my cellphone to call the factory in IL. forgot about the time zone thing, they were close already, in yhe morn it just wasnt important anymore. on June 17 aero #1 did the very same thing from the same spot in that field an ended up a "flyaway". it was also stamped by QC #4. instead of sending her back on my dime an time i epoxied the tray and went ouy to a bigger field yest. preety uneventful exept for the dbl. loop @the end of the last flight that end with da plane smackin so hard flat on her belly as to make her just stick an cough up the batt! weeeeellll now. no more elec foam for Ted, jeez if i would have gone to a .40 glow trainer 2 aeros ago i think ide be a little further along in my training by now. dude @ the field let me take over in the air with his Graupner .65 trainer a couple weeks ago and im hooked. he tried my aero and said it was much more difficult to fly, wasnt impressed. i need some accuracy in my gear to turn my prop.i also notice with the aero that the tail does not operate in an opposite way when going say from the 10oclock position to the 4 and the same is true in regards to the 2 and the 8. whats up? is this something that has to do with the "V" tail or just relatively in expensive gear? any help or ideas guys would begreat.also,anyone up here in the greater Seattle area that would like to get together for some informal flyin and fun, please contact me. now lets get out there and kick some air!!! later, Ted.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:58 PM
wings

Default RE: aerobrd issues

Hey dude, I feel your pain with the Aerobird. But sad to say, it was operator error on my part. I flew one into a swimming pool and flew another away. But I've been messin with it since the end of July and pretty much have it down pat now. I have two functional now because the one from the pool dried out. But I will have to agree they kinda seem cheaply made. Mine cuts out on me and crap. But hey, what do you expect for a $150 package.

I don't claim to be and expert so I dont want to shoot smoke up your ass, but I have a coule tips that helped me out. I found a huge field. It helped alot because when I was freaking out, I just would take it down, wherever it was. Second tip, I didnt try any stunts until it was pretty high. And, I noticed that it is much easy to turn at full throttle. Just kinda of pull down at the same time you are turning and you won't loose altitude.

Guess one more thing that helped. If you throw it up and it will not turn one way or the other. Just turn it slowly in the way that it will turn and try to land it without smashing it.

I have a question for you. I am looking to buy a glow engine trainer soon. I was afraid they would be much harder than the AEROBIRD and was kinda skeptical, specially since I am not in a club, because the closest one is over an hour away, and I dont have time. So, do you really thing the AEROBIRD is harder than a glow trainer? It would be good news to me because I am fairly decent at the AEROBIRD. Let me know,

Wings,
Old 09-09-2003, 09:29 AM
Crashem

flip,flop,fly! ,

Third areobird and you are only now beginner to understand why so many people bash them.

My question is add up all you've spent on the areobirds and compare it to a glow trainer or electric trainer and tell us what a "good" value they are!!!

Not trying to be rude but so many people get bent out of shape they encounter posts bashing areobirds and fighterbirds.

Just my opinion but in the long run going that route is just "penny wise and pound foolish" Its also very fustrating.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:26 PM
adamtheace

Went through whole aerobird phase. Guess what they are harder to fly than a .40 trainer, but it was a good RC starter plane. I reccommend the Hangar 9 Alpha for a first trainer. You get a JR Quartro Transmitter, the new evoulotion .46 TPS engine and its ready to fly in about an hour, plus time for Transmitter and Reciever batteries to charge. The evolution engine is perfect for a glow engine newbie, its setup and ready to run from the factory also has alot of power too. The plane servos and radio equip is already installed in plane and can be used on other planes because there not the typical cheap throw away servos that come in most other RTF trainers. Very good buy for only $300.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:21 PM
flip-flop-fly!

test one
Old 09-09-2003, 03:26 PM
Crashem

Send me one for free including shipping and i'll be glad to test it out.... Otherwise I wouldn't waste a dime on one.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:59 PM
flip-flop-fly!

the " test one" was in reference to my inability to post earlier due to the rcu problems with java script and not a statement to you personally. you ARE rude but then ive never expected anything but this from a "newyorker" idont know you and i dont want to there are so many kind and helpfull here ,this is the last time i respond to this kind of nonsense. dont hate me, hate the game, fool.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:18 PM
flip-flop-fly!

[8D] sorry wings that i didnt hit ya with a reply earlier but there was a javascript issue goin on. yeah your right about the money thing but i have so little free time untill this winter and the RTFs@ my local shop are pretty limited, i really dont mind the aero series but everyone seems to have a different and distinct personality, coupled with in my opinion poor qc@ the shop b\4 shipping. flew earlier today thou, took your advice about the launch and it helped alot iusually try to operate tween 100\150 alt, as the winds aloft here lately have been very strong. my only exp. w\glow trainer was 2wks. ago , dude turned over his Graupner .65 to me for a couple of slow laps and whoa!, responsive, comfortable, and easier to fly,(for me) than the aero. as far as choices go, like you i have got a little more research to do b\4 imake my move. post me later with news later, Ted
Old 09-09-2003, 09:39 PM
wings

Hey adamtheace,

I have a couple questions.

When people refer to a plane as a.40 or .46 etc. is that the cubic inches of the engine?

And, I need your opinion.

The only air plane I have ever flown is the AEROBIRD. I am really good at it now. My landings need a little more practice because I mis judge the altitude and either have to circle again or come down fast then level off and that makes the air speed really fast, but other than that, I have the AEROBIRD down. Its not a problem for me to fly.

I want a glow engine plane. My questions is, do you think I should start out with the very basic trainer? Would you think I would be biting off more than I can chew if I get maybe an intermediate trainer? I definelty don't want to destroy it, at least not the first flight. But I am kinda afraid that if I get the most basic trainer I may be bored of it fairly quick and will be looking for yet another plane, my wife will be livid.

Just would like your opinion.

Wings,[&:][sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 09-09-2003, 11:25 PM
Procrastinator
My Feedback: (1)

Hello ALL,
First, I would like to say, yes the Aerobird is different, BUT in a good way. You see... there is a lot of people out there that have a nice stuffy shirt RC could to join and get proper instructional training, BUT the other 80 percent must brave the school yard... alone! With little more than a HACKLING BUDDY in the background for support. This has been the only plane I have been able to DRILL straight into the GROUND, TREE, or a buddies BACK, and with NO repairs chuck it back into the air! CRAZY STUFF!
Unfortunately there are way too many AERObashers on RC-UNI. sad...but true.
YES, I started with the FIGHTERBIRD, and slowly moved up to the AEROBIRD, NOW, I can fly BALSA!!! But you know what, I bought the GWS "A-10" and I HATE-IT! Why don't people bash that crappy plane? HOBBYZONE did a great job in engineering a entry level plane to get us a foot up on this interesting sport. I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE ALL THE HOBBYZONE OWNERS TO COME LOOK AT THE SITE THAT WILL NEVER MAKE YOU FEEL AS IF YOU ARE STUPID FOR BUYING A HOBBYZONE PLANE!

Check out our cool site at
http://groups.msn.com/HobbyzoneRCPla...Clubunofficial
Big Thanks form the Procrastinator
Old 09-10-2003, 08:29 AM
Crashem

ORIGINAL: flip,flop,fly!

the " test one" was in reference to my inability to post earlier due to the rcu problems with java script and not a statement to you personally. you ARE rude but then ive never expected anything but this from a "newyorker" idont know you and i dont want to there are so many kind and helpfull here ,this is the last time i respond to this kind of nonsense. dont hate me, hate the game, fool.

Maybe you should acually learn how to use the features of the board before actually posting in the forums!!! If you took the time to look you would see there is a forum setup specifically for test posting... Oh what a Surprise.... You must be one of these people that never takes the time to actually read the instructions.

As far as not responding to me personnally take another look at the top of your post this new forum has a feature that shows who your reply was to and low and behold its says your test one post is in response to my post.

As far as newyorkers being rude thats pretty funny
Old 09-10-2003, 09:07 AM
flip-flop-fly!

morning pro. its not really my intent to "bash" those brds but just to point out what i perceive as qc issues. heck, ive bought 3 aeros alone and refuse to move on till i master them or in your words "bury it or drill my buddy" they really can take a lick and be thrown right back into tthe air . i realize that i must take the extra time to drive to a bigger field to get the results i desire. i did grt mine to fly inverted yesterday by pushing yhe stick forward while @ full power into the wind when i was@ the top of my loop went that way for about 75ft. until it rolled back on its own, good thing too as i had to set up for my dwn. wind approach to land. in closing pro, that was a most exellent post!!! now if i just could get that word "BASH" outa my head. later, Ted[8D]
Old 09-11-2003, 02:45 PM
wings

Default Crashem

Dude,

You must live a sad and pathetic life if you must take the time to clutter up the forum with stupidity. I am fully aware that you probably think that your comments are shrewed and affective. But in reality it reveals that you truly must be a sad and lonely soul to have nothing better to do.

I dont agree that all New Yorkers are rude. I wouldn't even consider you rude, just ignorant. Your post is so juvenile that it doesn't even deserve a response. But, hey, if you feel that need to repsond to this with some more stupidity. I think we could all use the good laugh. So, lets hear your next 7th grader response.

We're waiting,

By the way, I realize this says in reply to Procrastinator (mistake), so you're gonna have to do better than that. Think of something else.

Wings
Old 09-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Crashem

Default RE: Crashem

Wings,

When directing a comment at a specific individual it helps to use something a little more specific then Dude,

I'm assuming from your new yorker comment that you are replying to my posts.

Which comments did you find juvenile? Those contained in post 3,6, or 7

Just courious since I took post 5 to be a direct response to post 3

And post 7 to be a direct response to post 6

I stand by what I said there is a forum dedicated to testing that is where test posts belong (If one is really intrested in NOT cluttering up the forums)

As far as the new response feature goes I find it a easy way to see if a post is directed at me know that I see at least 2 people (you and flip flop) don't use it I'll be more carefull in my replies and attempt to asertain who comments are directed at from content if possible
Old 09-11-2003, 10:53 PM
wings

Default RE: Crashem

Nice, CRASHEM

More waste of your time TRYING to be a smart *****

Tell us some thing else non related to flying an rc plane to waste space in the forum.

We're waiting!

Wings