Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Spektrum DX6i Rudder Issue

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Spektrum DX6i Rudder Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 10:00 AM
HampdenTech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX6i Rudder Issue

I'm suddenly having problems with the rudder control in my DX6i. I noticed this when I just installed V2 of FSONE and tried to calibrate the TX. No rudder would show up. I thought it might be an issue with FSONE so I went to the Monitor on the TX and sure enough, there's no rudder activity.

I tested this with my plane (Alpha 40) and no rudder activity, however, if I tried to reverse the rudder servo, tt definitely moved the rudder so the TX is communicating with the rudder servo.

I'm hoping someone has a quick fix for this like go to "SETUP", select "ABC" and set it to "Y" and voila, back in business! I was hoping to fly tomorrow, but obviously not without a rudder! I'm hoping this is not so serious that I need to send this to Horizon. The TX is about 4 years old but I only fly about 5 or 6 times per year.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:44 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX6i Rudder Issue

Probably more like send it back to Horizon because the rudder axis pot or encoder is shot
Old 08-31-2012, 10:48 AM
HampdenTech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX6i Rudder Issue

Thanks Andy. That's not what I wanted to hear, but you're probably right. I have an inquiry into Horizon now to see what I have to do next.