Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

A.R.C Ready 2 plane help

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

A.R.C Ready 2 plane help

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 12:27 PM
h4rri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A.R.C Ready 2 plane help

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the forum and planes, I've had Nitro cars for a while as well as electric cars for longer. Had a dabble in helicopters but didn't take it too far.

I've been given an A.R.CReady 2 plane with a JRProPo X2610 controller by a friend and need some help / guidance.

Are there any guides out there for this plane?I've tried a web search and get only old links and youtube videos.

Even simple things like how do you fill the tank or get the transmitter outof simulator mode would be a great help. I want to get this thing in the air at some point

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

Steve
Old 08-31-2012, 05:46 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: A.R.C Ready 2 plane help

I don't know anything about your JR radio, someone else will have to help you there.

Is the plane completed or still in the building stage ???

As far as the plane goes : What engine do you have ?? On all the Ready's I've had ( about 6 + ) I've had OS 46's in them and to fuel them I had to pull the fuel line off the carb and the muffler then pump the fuel into the carb line till it ran out of the muffler line. Some folks installed different fueling systems, if you have one of those I need to see a picture to help.

This plane uses the following setup: the CG should be 70 - 80 mm back from the leading edge of the wing ( measured just outside of the middle wing sections ) . ie; place your fingers beside the fuse 70 mm from the leading edge ( plane right side up ).
These are the suggested control rates : Ailerons + & - 10 mm, Elevator + & - 12 mm , Rudder + & - 20 mm .

Other than the above all I can tell ya at this point is to try to get someone that knows how to fly to help you at least with the first couple flights. This plane can be a good trainer ( with help ) but it is also very aerobatic and will be a handfull for someone that doesn't know how to fly.

If you don't fly and can't get any help I suggest that you set your CG at 85 mm to start .

If I can help any more I'll be checking here every couple days. Good Luck !! ENJOY !!! RED
Old 09-01-2012, 02:08 AM
h4rri

Thanks Red Head, that's some great information. I think i'll finda local club and see if they can help me in learning to fly it.

It's all complete and ready to fly, the engine isn't obvious in size I'm afraid. It simply states a .50

I've managed to download a manual for the radio and taken it out of simulation mode. Just waiting for the battery to charge thenget check operations
Old 09-01-2012, 02:45 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

h4: The Ready is a very nice plane and with some assistance you should Enjoy it. I've thought about getting another but I have too much stuff now, besides I spend all my time teaching lately and don't even fly my own .

As stated above if you can get help from a club ( someone ) it will make all the difference in the world and it is usually a lot easier on the wallet .

Keep us informed as to how you are doing, that's the only way we know if our time was spent well on here. If I can help just drop a line, as I said I check every few days. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 09-01-2012, 09:19 PM
opjose

The JR ProPo X2610 is a decent 72mHz radio and is likely a pre-cursor to the DX7.

Most of the DX7 programming instructions will apply.

Remember that 72mHz radios are not as noise immune as 2.4gHz, so fly in a prescribed area or club.

Also remember to grab the pin for your frequency so someone else does not utilize the same channel.... somthing that rarely occurs now-a-days!