Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guanli pby throws

I just recieved the Gaunli PBY and the instructions are really bad. However, I had one before, crashed it, and I figure that the main reason for the crash was because the control surface settings were not set properly. Since the instructions for the model didn't specify what the throw settings were I used the throw settings from the Great planes PBY. I don't want to crash this one also. Can anybody give me an idea of what the throw settings for the control surfaces are supposed to be? High and low rate setting info would be very helpful. Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Guanli pby throws

Having no idea about that model here are some thumbnails:35° is 3-D rates on any surface (after that they just stall and you won't need anything near that on a PBY), so low of 12° and regular of 24° will get you ballparked on most airframes. Works for rudder, elevator and ailerons.
    Charlie P. (NY) "Gravity is weak but persistant".

AMA 747089/IMAA 30723

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Guanli pby throws

What Charlie said on ballpark figures is pretty good information also you need the make sure the airplane is balanced at 25%. Since a PBY is a double tappered wing on the outboard panels and straight chord wing on the center panel You can treat it as a straight chord wing for balance purposes.

So all you need to do is measure back from the leading edge one quarter of the distance between the leading and trailing edges in the center section. Then simply do what ya gotta do to make it balance at that point.

John
    \"Keep your controllines tight\"