Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

programing futaba 7c 2.4

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

programing futaba 7c 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 04:59 PM
napacp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default programing futaba 7c 2.4

looking for information on how to get my radio set up on the real flap fuctions on the hanger 9 p-51 tried alierons on 1&6 gera -5 flaps-7 did not work tried alierons on 1&7 flaps on 6 cant get working correctly
Old 10-13-2012, 05:05 PM
napacp

Default RE: programing futaba 7c 2.4

i should say that it will work as flaperons on the alierons but i dont want that i have flaps and they are not working no matter what i set up in the radio i like the futaba radios but man they seem hard to program i did just purchase two 8/14 fg but i havent even opened the boxes on them yet i thought i would finish and put this p-51 on the seven and then learn the 8 this winter if you can help it would be great
Old 10-14-2012, 06:08 AM
landeck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets say you want to use a three position switch for the flaps on Channel 7:

1. Go to the Parameters and assign the the three position switch to channel 7.

2. Set the end points on channel 7 to only 50% of their initial value.

3. Install the flap servos setting the mid point on the flaps the neutral point on the servo. This is done mechanically by the length of the contorl rod between the servo and flap horn.

4. Go and set the channel 7 end points so that one end gives you full flap deflection and the other end gives no flap deflection for regular flying.

Now when the switch is in say the up position, there is no flap deflection; when in the center there is mid flap deflection, and in the down position there is full deflection. Use the servo reverse function to set which switch is no deflection and full deflection.

Bruce
Old 10-15-2012, 05:40 PM
napacp

thanks for the help i found out that i had a servo problem and a y harness issue but i still neededthis info thanks so much
Old 03-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

I used your info and got the results I needed except the VR ch 6 wheel moves the ailerons up and down ... The ailerons works fine but if I touch that vr wheel it changes the ailerons from their neutral setting on the wing... How do I INH the VR Ch 6 wheel...?

Thanks, Richard

Originally Posted by landeck
Lets say you want to use a three position switch for the flaps on Channel 7:

1. Go to the Parameters and assign the the three position switch to channel 7.

2. Set the end points on channel 7 to only 50% of their initial value.

3. Install the flap servos setting the mid point on the flaps the neutral point on the servo. This is done mechanically by the length of the contorl rod between the servo and flap horn.

4. Go and set the channel 7 end points so that one end gives you full flap deflection and the other end gives no flap deflection for regular flying.

Now when the switch is in say the up position, there is no flap deflection; when in the center there is mid flap deflection, and in the down position there is full deflection. Use the servo reverse function to set which switch is no deflection and full deflection.

Bruce
Old 03-12-2016, 01:38 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to the PARA screen and set channel 6 to Null instead of VR (or VR to Null instead of CH 6, I forget which way the screen is set up). In fact, you should set all to null unless you wan a knob or slider to affect a channel.