Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

First flight of my Avistar Elite

I took my Avistar Elite out yesturday for it's maiden flight. It was quite windy but inline with the runway. I bought the ARF so I installed an OS .55ax I had and put a Scimitar 12x6 on it. The plane will go virtical untill it's a dot in the sky! I did install the additional servos for the flaps but chose not to use them due to the wind speed. I was landing with power on as is and probably could have flown backwards with the flaps down. I maxxed out control throws so it is very aerobatic. Bottom line, this is a good windy day flyer. For those of you that live in windier environments, you may want to consider this plane if your flat bottom airfoil model gets buffetted to much in the wind.
    He who dies with the most toys wins!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: First flight of my Avistar Elite

Good for you! Sounds like you had a blast and that is what this hobby is all about.....but I do hope you strengthen the firewall area
    # 93 in Club Saito; Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood # 12; Pulse brother # 2;Hellcat Brotherhood #8;P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #18