Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What size servos for a 120 size plane

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What size servos for a 120 size plane

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: What size servos for a 120 size plane

Biker, we have been mixing for years now and until HP mentioned the difference in this thread I had never heard of the difference. I'm not going to stop doing it now but I'm not using any of the new high end radios. I also know less then zip about electronics so I usually ask questions when I see posts like this. I have spoken with reps at Hitec about different servos and asked them about mixing and was told there is no problem. That's why I asked if you got your info from them. I was told it was OK to do and been mixing sense digitals hit the market. Perhaps some day {I doubt it} I will get a new radio and gear that may not allow this? At this stage in my life I don't think it will happen so I will keep mixing as needed.
The guys at the field allow me to play with there new stuff and tell me all the reasons they just had to buy it but there planes don't fly any better then mine. I'm not a tecno freak, don't even have a cell phone any longer. Last friend that bought a new cell phone had to go to classes for a couple weeks to learn how to use it. The one I had you just dialed it and talked. I keep it charged and in my van so I can dial 911 if I have to. I'm using my Futaba 9-C with a 2.4 module and shift back and forth between 72 and 2.4. That's about as advanced as I'm ever going to get.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:07 PM
bikerbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know what sort of irks me is there is no warnings anywhere on the box or advertizments in regards to the Karbonite servos and yet when you talk to the hitec tec dept. their advice is against using karbonite servos in gassers and if fact everything they show us promotes their use...It could easily cost us our aircraft..I think there should be some warnings somplace ..Plus if we need to be tec experts to operate our radios maybe there should be some kind of course offered teaching how to program them...
Old 12-02-2012, 11:18 AM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too much libel at stake to put such into writing.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: AA5BY

Too much libel at stake to put such into writing.
Right ON, AA5BY. Besides as one that came up through the ranks, IMO, it is still rather nice to kind of get out and see what works. One can build a kind of Big Stick out of foam board, cardboard, a tad of plywood some dowel sticks and other scrap stuff. Put a 60-90 in it and go try stuff out.

BIKERBC: You don't need a fancy 3Der to check out some equipment. DO NOT RELY ON GOVERNMENT or BUSINESSES, especially of foreign nature, to do everything for ones self. You will feel much better when you look in the mirror and say, "WOW, I did that!".
Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

JR specifically warns not to use the 821 on larger and gas powered models, and they do put that in writing.