Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Need some guidance on fuel

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Need some guidance on fuel

Old 12-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Warbird40
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some guidance on fuel

I have nothing against electrics, but I will never trade the sound and smell of glow for it!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hobby People has a sale for every holiday or if they just get into a sale mood. Glow fuel runs about $15.00 a gallon on sale. I have gotten it for as low as $13.00 a gallon. They usually have Wild Cat or more often Power Master on sale, either the 15% nitro with 18% oil or the 20/20, I always stock up when it's on sale. Once in a while they also have the 10% on sale too. Sign up for there sale catalog so you know in advance what they have. There sales are a great time to stock up on a number of items. Of course each store is privately owned and sometimes just use the sale as a come on. Like I have been the first one in the store on sale day looking to stock up on 20/20 and there was none on the shelf, the manager said they must have sold out already??? As I said, I was the first one in the door. I have seen the same thing happen if they have a good deal on an ARF, sold out and no rain checks. This tactic has happened enough that all I ever buy from them is glow fuel these days.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Warbird40
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run PowerMaster 20/20 on my 4 strokes and buy it a Hobby People on Black friday ($15/gallon) and they do sell out fast. Luckily, our club's treasurer works there, so he always makes sure to let us know if they have a lot or running low the day before.