Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stick 75 problem

Hi all ,I am pretty new to RC stuff, I decided I would give this plane a try, but it does not want to work right. I followed the instructions on the manual included on how to pair the transmitter to the plane, I hear a loud beeping sound comming from the plane when I plug the battery in, and I press a combination of buttons on the reciever for the pairing process, and the loud sound still persist, I am able to control the rudder just fine, but the motor cuts off when I put the throttle more than halfway, and it doesnt stay consistent, is my plane screwed ? I have tried the pairing process multiple times.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Stick 75 problem

Hey Gator Welcome!

You need to give a bit more information for those here to perhaps lend a hand. What airplane, transmitter, and so forth? No, I don't think your airplane has a problem, it sounds more like a binding problem. From what you've said your airplane seems to be electric, the sounds are likely from the electronic speed controller.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If the controls are working properly, it is probably bound OK. BUT you may not have enough battery capacity to allow full throttle. That will make the BEC turn on and stop the motor. You may also have to set the throw on the throttle 0-100%. Really need more info on what it is.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys thanks for the responses, I seem to have gotten it to work properly except , this copper wire looking thing that is located on the rudder is still making that loud noise, not sure what it is....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

welllll bad news, I flew the plane into the woods last night, it was too dark to see where it went, I searched for a couple hours and could not locate it lol. Geuss I should take precaution next time. Least that loud sound comming from the rudders was a good thing, because I could hear it and get close to where it landed, but still couldnt see it in the dark. 60$ down the drain

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You just learned a valuable lesson, and if it only cost you $60 you got off really cheap. The lesson is twofold: 1. Never fly a plane until you're 100% sure everything on it is working right. 2. Get some instruction if you are a beginner.
    Being a little more patient in order to get an experienced pilot to look your plane over and do the first trim flight on it for you would probably have prevented your crash. I hope you had fun with it though and I'll encourage you to stick with it. Save your pennies and buy a quality plane and radio setup that you can trust, and get some help. The hobby is a lot of fun when you're equipment is in good shape and you know what you're doing.
    No kid, I said break ground and fly into the wind!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Flying a model when it is too dark to see it clearly is never a good idea.
    You can learn to fly on your own, many have, but it is a lot easier if you have some local assistance.
    There are 7 model airplane clubs within 50 miles of zip code 32577 http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx
    Most clubs have instructors who can help you learn about the equipment as well as teaching you to fly without losing another plane. Instruction should be free but the club will have membdership fees and will require you to join AMA for the liability insurance coverage. All of the listed clubs have a contact phone number. Phone contact, or attending a meeting as a visitor, is often more effective than sending an email.

** edit ** Is this the plane? http://www.ares-rc.com/nanomicrostick75.html
    - Carrell

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for the info carrellh , I will consider joining a club , and yes I was dumb for flying my tiny airplane at night in the 5mph wind lol, I was itching to get the thing running, o well lesson learned.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LMAO just found my plane, sitting up high in a tree that was about 5 inches thick, had to cut her down :P

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm glad you found it. Was it in pretty good shape? And no, you weren't dumb. You just gave in to the temptation to fly before you were ready. It's a very common problem, but the good news is that many who sucumb to it at first become really good pilots later.
    No kid, I said break ground and fly into the wind!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I saw this thread and thought it was something I could put my Tower .75 on. DANG!
    Ed Moorman, AMA 553, Former R/C Report Fun Aerobatics Columnist. 76 and up to my old tricks!