Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Spektrum DX7S help

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Spektrum DX7S help

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
PDF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX7S help

Hello all,
I'm setting up my plane and this radio is new to me. I have a dual aileron plane and programed the radio as so one of the ailerons is plugged into the aileron port on the receiver and the other is plugged into Aux 1 port per directions, it took me awhile but I'm learning. What the issue here is that when I turn on the the planes receiver the left aileron deflects alot versus the right aileron moves slightly (also the elevator and rudder move slightly also) just to center it's self. Is there a way that I could correct this from happening? My concern is that it's over deflecting, and when I built is I used the manual to give my the control surfaces deflection measurements and when I glued the hinges in I wanted to keep the gap very small to not have a problem with fluttering so I don't have a lot of deflection built into the control surface (it's not a 3D plane). Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Pat
Old 02-02-2013, 05:25 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX7S help

You need to go into the ATV settings and set the aileron and aux 1 settings the same. Once this is done you will be able to adjust them together in the dual rate function. Your elevator and rudder values have most likely been dialed down in the dual rate section as well.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:42 PM
PDF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello speedracerntrixie,
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what ATV is, I'm assuming it's the travel setting? If so I set both the same and they both deflect evenly. And in regards to the dual rates, I haven't figured that out yet.
Thanks again,
Pat
Old 02-02-2013, 06:13 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You are correct PDF the term for endpoints with some manufacturers is ATV and it stands for adjustable travel volumn. SorryI cannot help you with your problem though because I do not do Spectrum.

John