Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Spektrum DX5e and Anylink.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Spektrum DX5e and Anylink.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 04:15 AM
millermonsterair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX5e and Anylink.

I have a Spektrum DX5e TX. What do I need it be able to fly the transmitter ready type aircraft. I understand the Anylink universal adapter. Other than that, what else do I need? Could you post links to the products?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:14 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Spektrum DX5e and Anylink.

Your Spektrum DX5e transmitter will require a cable to work with the AnyLink module that isn't included with the module itself:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBZAT&P=M

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBPKF&P=ML

With the module and the Spektrum/Aurora accessory cable, you should be good to go. I have been flying the TxR micro planes from Flyzone for over a year now, and I find them to be a fun and inexpensive way to enjoy indoor flying over the winter.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 AM
millermonsterair

I'm guessing I would need to get the LiFe charger as well, correct? Im sorry for the really noob questilns, I'm still really new and had no other option but to teach myself so far. I just found this forum so I think I will progress much better now. Thank you.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Chucksolo69

I was flying my Tower Hobbies F4U Corsair using the AnyLink and a Tactic 6 channel RX using my Spektrum DX6i transmitter. Worked like a charm.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:54 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: millermonsterair

I'm guessing I would need to get the LiFe charger as well, correct? Im sorry for the really noob questions, I'm still really new and had no other option but to teach myself so far. I just found this forum so I think I will progress much better now. Thank you.
Not a noob question at all. I thought I was very familiar with the various AnyLink accessories, but I hadn't noticed that you need a LiFe battery charger for the Spektrum/Aurora cable. That was a good catch, millermonsterair. Most folks who've been flying for a while have any number of battery chargers around, and most newer chargers could charge a LiFe battery. For somebody just starting out, however, this is an unusual requirement.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:59 PM
millermonsterair

I have been in the hobby for about 6 months. I really enjoy it for what I have learned so far. I don't have anything big yet as I'm kind of working my way up to it. I have had experience with many different types of sims. And actually have had quite a few flight hours on a real aircraft ie: Cessna 182. Currently I am looking at some of the TX-R aircraft. I understand flight pretty well and have always liked modeling. I think I'm going to be in this hobby for many, many years to come.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:20 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding the charger, the link points to Tower Hobbies and the Anylink. The description DOES say LiFe charger is required and suggests a few chargers.

I have the Triton EQ and it seems to handle just about anything I have, including LiFePO4 packs. They (the chargers) are a tad pricey, however, you do get what you pay for with these chargers.

CGr
Old 08-29-2013, 02:24 PM
millermonsterair

I ultimately decided to just skip over the whole anylink idea. I just went ahead and bought a Tactic TTX650 TX and started using the TR624 RX's. So far, I'm so happy I did. The TTX650 seems to fit my hands better than the Spektrum did. I can't say Spektrum is bad, they are good radios, but I needed an upgrade from the DX5e to a 6ch programmable computer radio. I'm in love with the radio. So easy to learn programming on and seems to not have any issues I can find. Plus, it was a good price. They are still on sale at towerhobbies for 129.99 and comes with two RX's.....
Old 08-30-2013, 06:56 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by millermonsterair
I ultimately decided to just skip over the whole anylink idea. I just went ahead and bought a Tactic TTX650 TX and started using the TR624 RX's. So far, I'm so happy I did. The TTX650 seems to fit my hands better than the Spektrum did. I can't say Spektrum is bad, they are good radios, but I needed an upgrade from the DX5e to a 6ch programmable computer radio. I'm in love with the radio. So easy to learn programming on and seems to not have any issues I can find. Plus, it was a good price. They are still on sale at towerhobbies for 129.99 and comes with two RX's.....
that was EXACTLY what I was going to suggest... although I thought the anylink was a great idea when it first came out, I found the extra cables and that dopey battery (needed only for the anylink with Spektrum equipment) to be too much trouble than it was worth.
I did the review for the TTX-650 here and was very impressed with it. I've since gotten rid of all my anylinks and just use the tactic now.