Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

looking at several planes, what's the best one

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

looking at several planes, what's the best one

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 05:14 PM
maq1919
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at several planes, what's the best one

looking at the great planes micro f 86, kyosho jet illusion df 45, kyosho ep ducted fan fv-1000, or another name brand ducted fan plane. I have little experience. can fly parkzone p-51 mustang ultra micro. pretty well. Looking for the easiest df to fly.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:38 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: looking at several planes, what's the best one

Have a look at the "expensive package" thread just above this one. Most of your answers are there, but to give you a summary, no EDF is a beginner's plane. No matter which one you buy, you will crash it if you don't know what you are doing. There's not a way to make one work as a trainer or skip the trainer stage just because you plan to only fly occasionally and don't want to spend much money. Have a look at the Hobby Zone Super Cub for a beginner friendly plane that you probably will be able to fly on your own provided you have a nice open space and a little bit of discipline to work on your skills.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 PM
GaryHarris

ORIGINAL: maq1919

looking at the great planes micro f 86, kyosho jet illusion df 45, kyosho ep ducted fan fv-1000, or another name brand ducted fan plane. I have little experience. can fly parkzone p-51 mustang ultra micro. pretty well. Looking for the easiest df to fly.

La Puente. Wow! I haven't heard of that town in many years. I grew up there on south 5th avenue. Went to Don Julian all the way to Basset HS back in the 70s.

I question why you want a DF though. They are not beginner planes. They are very fast, and don't handle very well.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:14 PM
skeeter_ca

I don't think he said he wanted a beginner plane. He did say he flys a ParkZone P-51 pretty well. If he can fly that well he should be able to fly a stable EDF. So actaully he is asking which of those are the most stable. If he can fly out the P-51 at full throttle he may be ready to step up.

skeeter
Old 02-23-2013, 07:20 PM
skeeter_ca

I have heard that the Phase 3 U-2 spyplane is a stable plane. Sorta glider like. Not sure of any quality control probelms it might have.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...an-esc-sx.html

skeeter
Old 02-24-2013, 11:18 AM
maq1919
My Feedback: (4)

That's the street I live on. I fly my planes at the park on don julian.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:20 AM
Chucksolo69

He said he can fly an Ultra Micro P-51. Sorry, but not the same thing as a full sized plane. I agree with Jester 100%. He is still a relative beginner and should get a larger trainer before he attempts an EDF plane.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Vinyl Cafe

You should get comfortable with a plane that takes up more room to fly than a micro and goes it bit faster too, as a edf will get small quick, especially a micro one.