Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Have bare fuselage need help!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Have bare fuselage need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 08:08 PM
joshj51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have bare fuselage need help!

Hey all!I received a bare fuselage that I can't identify. It looks like a mix between an edge, 300s, and super chipmunk. It's around 5ft long. If anyone can give advice on the type any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to get started on building it immediately. Pic is attached btw.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23151.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1856793  
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 PM
yellerchamp
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Have bare fuselage need help!

not a chipmunk, maybe a edge, seems like a very small rudder and elevator,
Old 02-26-2013, 08:45 PM
joshj51

I'm pretty sure they don't actually go with that fuselage. I have never had an rc plane this big. How would you suggest I go about building it?
Old 02-27-2013, 02:44 AM
sticktickler

ORIGINAL: joshj51

I'm pretty sure they don't actually go with that fuselage. I have never had an rc plane this big. How would you suggest I go about building it?
I would start by leaning these parts in a corner someplace. Then order your self a full ARF Extra or Edge and put you radio and engine in that and go fly it, you'll be ahead in the long run.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:40 AM
bikerbc

I agree with stick builder..I don't think those parts belong together...If you want to build something from scratch you don't need any of that and if you want something fast like an ARF you would be much better off to just go buy a complete one...
Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That fuselage I beleve is a Yak 54 and I think it may be the China Model Products. Finding wings for it may be difficult.

The cowling looking at the paint lines which seemed to be reversed from the fuselage suggest it may be about the right size but from a different airplane.

The tail feathers both the vertical and horizontal surfaces appear to be from the Horizon P-51 TBS and are far to small to be used on that fuselage. In addition if you look at the rear of the fuselage you will see two holes through the fuselage and those are for the two aluminum tubes that are used to plug into the separate halfs of the proper horizontal surfaces.

If someone sold you that package as one airplane and only missing wings then it was badly missrepresented.

John
Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM
ATVAlliance

Its definitely not a Yak54, CMP or otherwise.  The Yak fuse is round.  This fuse looks more like an Extra or Edge maybe.

I do agree, the tail feathers look like ones from a Mustang.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:56 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree with the above advice. I think that the cowl you have there does go with the fuselage as the paints seems to match up from what I can see at that angle. But those tail feathers definitely do not go with that fuselage. As others have said, if you were sold a plane missing "a few parts" then you paid too much. There is actually more of the plane missing than you have in your hand. No wings, tail components, no canopy, no landing gear, no wing tubes, and a bunch of other missing parts. Follow Stickbuilder's advice and set this aside and get an easier project to complete.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But sometimes saying the bad part is the best advice to give. 

Ken
Old 02-27-2013, 02:08 PM
joshj51

The parts were free.. I was trading a guy a tablet pc and asked if he had any rc planes. He ended up just giving it to me along with the actual trade I wanted. But I believe I might just buy another project plane anywho and work on this over a very long time.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:14 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thats all Cool Josh and yes if you want a project plane might be wise to seek a complete one be it an ARF, Kit or whatever.

Enjoy he Passion[8D]

John
Old 02-27-2013, 02:54 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

The motor mount, long nose, aft canopy, and short tail moment is telling me -electric bipe-, but I haven't nailed one down yet.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 PM
nitro wing

useless parts, but good for studying.
If wanting to fly, join a club, get a decent trainer plane and enjoy the hobby, spend lots of time on a good sim. be perpared to seend some $$ this hobby is addicting and not cheap, but way cheaper than 20 years ago.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:07 AM
ec121
My Feedback: (2)

The cowl in the picture is upside down. The paint lines up when reversed. The cowl and fuse have the look of an Ultimate Bipe. See if it has cabane strut cutouts under the covering in front of the hatch.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:56 PM
malthepal

looks alot like a seagull models Giles 202 I had. The cowl looks just like the one I had. Tail feathers are certainly a P-51.