Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

When making a purchase

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

When making a purchase

Old 04-24-2013, 10:51 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When making a purchase

if i cant get it in america i dont need it it took me 6 months to get my engine back from hobby king after i sent it in for repairs> so they gave me credit for it and said for me to order it again>>but a week later i got a new engine from them no more to do with them
Old 04-24-2013, 11:50 AM
opjose

So they "gave" you a new engine and did you return it, since they already credited you?

Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 AM
[email protected]

nope that has been a year now and i have not used the credit and i still have the engine in the box and i will not buy anything else from them or any country overseas they can wait on me now
Old 04-24-2013, 12:13 PM
opjose

Ah, so they gave you a ( somewhat useless ) "store credit".

Old 04-24-2013, 12:17 PM
[email protected]

thats what i think o well
Old 04-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Droiddr

Hi,

I live in Canada, and I have ordered all my RC stuff from the equivalent of Tower hobbies here in Canada called Great Hobbies. Great service, and all big ticket and common items (planes, transmitters etc) are priced in line with everyone else. For an order above 100$, shipping is free.
Never had an issue, plus they have 5 stores or so across the country, one relatively close to home. They have great phone support for orders and have a tech support line that you can call. They genuinely make an effort to help and they have my business because of this.
(I am not associated with them in any way, just a customer).

I get the debate of LHS vs hobby king or the like. You get what you pay for at HK according to what I read on forums. I may try to order stuff from HK at one point and see, keeping in mind what the posts in this thread have revealed.
My uncle bought most of his stuff at HK, he is generally satisfied, he commented once on the quality of instructions and the occasional issue, but nothing too major so far.

I prefer quality as long as the price is reasonable, and I want to encourage local businesses as long as they try their best to be competitive.

My 2 cents!

Old 04-25-2013, 06:21 PM
jollycub
My Feedback: (5)

1. Who are you to decide how long a reply should be or how it is presented.

2. Ophose is entitled to write in the manner he chooses and in as many words as he chooses.

3. Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. Right from the top of the reply list.

This is supposed to be a platform in which we have the opportunity to share our thoughts without being harassed about too many lines or the way we present it.

But this is my opinion.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:20 PM
VietVet1

Droiddr, being brandy new I think I've learned my lesson, I'll try Tower in the future. If HK US warehouse lists "in stock" then and only then will I order.