Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

When making a purchase

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

When making a purchase

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When making a purchase

ORIGINAL: VietVet1

1. Thanks for your opinion,

You're welcome, though I don't consider it "opinion" as we have a lot of members who experience the same thing.

2. a little brevity will do next time?

Why? Terse responses can lack important information, as in this case.

Please provide the forum posting criteria you would like everyone to follow....

3. I got what you were saying in the first 2 lines.
You never said HOW you shipped your order, nor if you included LiPo's.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:02 AM
VietVet1

Guy SingPost Air-Parcel $59.25, NOT CHEAP, 7-21 days from shipping.  All the items were listed as in stock when I made the purchase, the stuff still has not left Hong Kong.  They just sent an e-mail that the stuff has been packaged and awaiting transport.

NOT GOOD!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:20 AM
chopper man

Guy SingPost Air-Parcel $59.25, NOT CHEAP, 7-21 days from shipping. All the items were listed as in stock when I made the purchase, the stuff still has not left Hong Kong. They just sent an e-mail that the stuff has been packaged and awaiting transport.

NOT GOOD!
Did you ever get your stuff? Not worth the time, aggravation or the money saved, then again look at what you paid for shipping.
I'll stick with Tower.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 AM
VietVet1

Still waiting, last information on product was "in the hands of airline" that was 4 days ago.  Will no longer order an item which is not in their US warehouse.  Had I read the complaints regarding purchases outside the US I would not have placed the order.  I figure at this rate 3 more weeks?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:58 AM
opjose

Wow... dunno why you're having such bad luck.

Since your first post I've placed five more orders, the last two yesterday and today I got the shipment confirmations and tracking.

The other three arrived within 5 days of order placement.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:03 PM
VietVet1

Yea well better buy as much as you can because once the Senate votes on the internet tax bill there will be no point buying on line anymore.  We will have to pay for the item, the shipping and now internet tax on the purchase.  The bill is to be voted on very shortly.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 PM
chopper man

Yea well better buy as much as you can because once the Senate votes on the internet tax bill there will be no point buying on line anymore. We will have to pay for the item, the shipping and now internet tax on the purchase. The bill is to be voted on very shortly.
You know who we can thank for that. Tax ya to death.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:45 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO POLITICS !!!!!

Those are the rules of posting here.

I will delete any refrerences to politics in the forum.

CGr.
Moderator.

PS:

After a discussion with the Forum Manager, RCKen, I am restoring two of the posts that I previously removed. There is a thin line between what is allowed and what is not allowed. At times, we must be reminded that this is a member supported system and that we must err on the side of the customer, that means you.

Please, for the sake of all of us, keep politics out of discussions. I don't know of one beginner that will benefit from political views with respect to his or her learning phases of RC Flight.

CGr.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 PM
VietVet1

Dear CGRetired,

No where in my response do I see anything dealing with politics, only the fact that the Senate will soon be passing a bill on paying taxes on internet purchase's, Please show me where the new laws affecting us all is political?

Old 04-23-2013, 08:58 PM
nitro wing

10 orders from HK with batteries, all were under 20 days, no issues,many things are 1/3 of the cost of Eflite or GP or towr etc. some stuff is basic barely usable, but thats up the purchaser, some stuff is quite good and above average and a bargain. know your stuff and take the risk if shopping online.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:03 AM
Indy Park Flyer

Vietvet, you make great points about working with US based companies for your RC needs. In my opinion, no matter who you get your RC items from, it all comes down to expectations. In the US we expect companies to provide good customer service, timely shipping notifications, and returns when needed. As we all know, Hobby King is not a US based company. They generally do not provide good customer service, their shipping notices are not acurate in most cases. I once received a shipping notification after I had received the order. Hobby King also does not do well with returns. However, if you lower your expectations, follow some of the rules mentioned in this and other posts, order what you know, and do not need the item(s) quickly, Hobby King can be a great place to buy from and a great way to stretch an already stretched hobby budget. I and several of my fellow club members have placed and received many orders from Hobby King without a problem. We have ordered frm both the international and US warehouses, and again we have not had problems but we know what we are getting into before we place the order and we do not have high expectations of getting the order quickly.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:15 AM
VietVet1

Thanks for the FYI, I only expected that the items listed as in "stock" would have been delivered after 4 weeks, were my expectations to high? Right now thier listed "handover to airlines", being you have experience in this when do you think I can expect shipment?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 AM
Indy Park Flyer

Based on the shipping you chose, I can understand why you expected the items in by now. When I order from the international warehouse, I use the cheapest shipping the offer. Their shipping notices are not the best and an order can still be delayed by factors beyond Hobby Kings control. My wife works in internations shipping and I have learned from her that international orders have to pass through a lot of hands just to get to the US, and not everyone is in the same hurry as we are to get the orders to their destination. I would tell the best you can do now is to just wait, I'm sure you will get the items soon. I wish I had a better answer, but that is the best I can recommend. BTW, what did you order?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:40 AM
VietVet1

About $300.00 worth of product, hopefully another couple weeks it'll show up, if not I'll make a beef. What is everyone here from Jersey? I'm down at my Florida place now but I live near T River, hate the cold.

PS: I'm a gluten for punishment, couldn't sleep last night went the HK sight and bought the Vampire EDF.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:47 AM
Indy Park Flyer

If your order included a plane, check with your local post office. The one time I ordered a plane from HK, I had to pick it up at the post office. The slip the mail carrier put on my door to tell me the order was in blew off and I didn' find out the plane was at the post office for a week.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:53 AM
VietVet1

Yes it included an aircraft and I have been checking the box because my mail carrier will not bring things to the door.

The only problem is the tracking # HK gave still indicates "hand over to airlines", do you know if the status change to indicate where its next location is?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:07 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Your a lucky guy, maybe you should play the lottery? My order went in on April 6, all items listed as ''in stock'', today is April 15 and they just notified my ''order was packed and getting ready to ship, allow 48 hours for a tracking number''. Coming from Hong Kong what would you say another 3 weeks?
It's because you ordered it from the warehouse in China, I ordered from the U.S and after my post Ive made two more orders, my second order shipped just as fast and everything came in perfect condition and the batteries are all fine, my third order should be here probably tomorrow but it shipped from the warehouse just as fast as the others.

RULES FOR HOBBYKING

DON'T ORDER ANYTHING THAT'S OUT OF STOCK

EXPECT NEXT TO NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

EXPECT TO WAIT WHEN ORDERING FROM CHINA

ACCEPT THE SMALL POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGED/FAULTY PRODUCTS

DO ALL THE ABOVE AND EXPECT HAPPINESS, AND TO SAVE MONEY

I ordered a champ rtf from horizon for my 12 year old cousin a coupe weeks ago to try to fly and it came with faulty electronics "the radio would intermittently lose connection" so you can get faulty products even if you order from the best.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Indy Park Flyer

Yes it included an aircraft and I have been checking the box because my mail carrier will not bring things to the door.

The only problem is the tracking # HK gave still indicates ''hand over to airlines'', do you know if the status change to indicate where its next location is?
In my experience, once your order is handed off from HK to the carrier, tracking is about worthless. We are lucky in the US because most of our shippers have up to date tracking on packages. They don't seem to be as interested in providing this in China and the far east. I would call the post office directly, and not rely on your carrier to see if the package may be there.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:35 AM
VietVet1

t-max97, I need encourgement now, you had to bring up broken[]
Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 AM
Chucksolo69

I ordered a battery for my TechOne profile P-51 from HobbyKing's US warehouse and the tracking number said it will be here tomorrow. That's one day longer that HeadsUpHobby or Value Hobby. No problems. The last order I got from HeadsUpHobby was a surprise. I ordered a new motor for the previously mentioned TechOne P-51 and go the package from HeadsUp in 2 days, plus I found that they had shipped me 2 motors instead of 1. I asked them if they would like me to return one. They said no, no problem, enjoy. I will be ordering from them a lot more now.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 AM
VietVet1

Then I have to hope they send me 2 aircarft
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

As far as I see it when it comes to Lipos you have to suck it up and buy Hobby King.
I use a lot of 6S, in my LHS they are $200, HK $70+ 3 weeks. See the point
Old 04-24-2013, 08:03 AM
VietVet1

yup, I hear ya.  I guess I'm just biting at the bit.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:22 AM
CGRetired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, you are.. and of course, we fully understand why.

Our problem here is that we lost both of our hobby shops that are within reasonable driving distance. The only one left, that I know of, is an hour or so drive from home. So, I tend to use the internet and mail order. I usually get my stuff in "reasonable" time, meaning since I can't just pick it up when I want to, well, reasonable will have to be whenever I get it after ordering it, I guess.

But, I will say that I really make darned sure that what I order is what I want, ya know?

CGr.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:48 AM
opjose

No where in my response do I see anything dealing with politics, only the fact that the Senate will soon be passing a bill on paying taxes on internet purchase's, Please show me where the new laws affecting us all is political?
Not meant to be political... and forgetting the consumer for the moment...

I wonder if passing an Internet Tax Bill will ADVERSELY affect U.S. RC companies and distributors.

Foreign distributors will be under no obligation to collect taxes, so it helps them seem cheaper.

LHS' may look better versus large on-line concerns such as Tower and Horizon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.