Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Advice for newbie

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Advice for newbie

Old 07-08-2013, 07:06 AM
tomgrn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for newbie

Hello, I'm new here and in an entire RC topic.
Few days ago I came up with idea buying RC plane, so I started to dig and have no idea what to choose, and even how to choose. I don't even know if I want a plane or maybe a heli or a boat. What I did, I've opened the channel:http://www.reclipper.com/rc-toyswith my friend where we put some general information about all kind of RC toys - we want to make the choice easier for people like us. However, we don't have experience to make our own advices and just rely on rankings in the Internet. Maybe one of you, would help me by putting your favourite plane(heli, boat, car etc.) profile with a review (video,price etc.) and explanation direct on this channel? It may be really useful in future, when the base will be big enough.
Thanks in advance.
Tom
PS. Feel free to answer here, I'd copy it there anyway, just to keep everything in one place!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:33 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Advice for newbie

You're reinventing the wheel Tom. RCU and many other sites have expansive reviews sections. The stickys at the top of this forum contain a wealth of beginner info, as does the website put together by a former major contributor here called www.gettingairborne.com. If those don't answer your questions, a few searches here on RCU or RC Groups will usually get you what you need. And, of course, when that fails, asking questions always works.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Advice for newbie

Something else you need to decide at this point is what you really want to do; fly, float, roll or hover. Since cars, boats, planes and helicopters all have learning curves that are totally different, not to mention the differences in how the models are built and set up, you really need to decide which you really want to do. At that point, those trying to help you will know what kind of help you really need