Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

coming back to flying and R/C universe after 2 years away !!! wish me luck :)

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

coming back to flying and R/C universe after 2 years away !!! wish me luck :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:25 AM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool coming back to flying and R/C universe after 2 years away !!! wish me luck :)

hello everyone.
long time no see..... going to try and get back into flying and see if my neck/back can take it yet.... been gone for about 2 years now. now just have to renew my AMA and club dues and wait for my new 2.4 gig radio to show up (and get planes ready) and then I can get started or maybe should say restarted lol .... looking forward to flying again and helping here on the boards as much as I can and also looking for help occasionaly

well time to do some forum surfing and see how many names I still recognize and see what has been happening since I was last here.... looks like a lot of new planes have been released since last time I shopped..... that could be bad news for the wallet lol

bassman
Old 08-15-2013, 01:17 PM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WELCOME BACK!!!!!

I trust you'll still find happy, helpful members here oh, yeah.. you'll want to break out the 'ol wallet!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:45 PM
BobFE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 years......That's all???? I was away for 5. Welcome back. Look forward to seeing your posts.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:34 PM
bob8619

I was gone for over 12 years. I win.

Welcome back!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:48 PM
BobFE

Well, you are in the lead....so far. I'm in second.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:23 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bassmanh
hello everyone.
going to try and get back into flying and see if my neck/back can take it yet....

Hi bassman, I do remember you and welcome back. I think I also remember a discussion about the standing and flying thing. If I may make a suggestion that if you have difficulty standing and flying then try sitting. Now most have trouble sitting but what I am suggesting is not a chair. Instead a wheelchair the difference between a stationary chair and a wheelchair is major and no comparison. With the wheelchair you can leave the leg rests off and you now have complete control without using the hands and hold a transmitter.

Our club has become very proactive and we are installing large concrete flight stations and sidewalks not just for wheelchairs but many others are finding the completed stations very popular for many. This is even more important since the average age at most clubs seems to be older than lets say the sixties or seventys.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Boy Scout day 6.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	1908398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boy Scout day 13.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1908399  

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 08-15-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:54 AM
bassmanh

thanks guys, glad to be back on the forums and will have to see how the flying goes .....

John, thanks for the idea and great work with making your field wheelchair friendly and accessible.... but I think I found a chair that will work very well for my needs..... its a basic plastic lawn chair but the back is at about a 60 or 70 degree angle and should give me the angle I need to see the plane without putting to much strain on my neck..... will let you know how well it works once I try it...

bassman
Old 08-16-2013, 12:20 PM
bassmanh

Well , got my radio and recievers (tactic650 with the 2 free rx) today from the big brown truck.... Now just have to decide which 2 planes I'm going to set- up right away.

Im thinking the electrostick would be a good 1 to start back on..... And then maybe my f4f wildcat down the road...... Then maybe get the H9 hellcat out and ready for next spring alnong with my H9 B25.

Bass
Old 08-17-2013, 02:46 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Welcome, I do remember the thread about the chair and those pics.
one of the clubs I go have a back rest, all it is is a long 4' T shaped wood placed at the flight line. You stand and lean your back against it.
easy to do and might help. I'll take a picture.
You are a winner, went away due to illness but persevere and came back. WELCOME
Old 08-19-2013, 05:09 PM
spd101

Welcome back sir hope u get lots of thumb time!