Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Questions re Bixler 2 and where to purchase

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Questions re Bixler 2 and where to purchase

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:01 PM
coupe1942

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions re Bixler 2 and where to purchase

I wanted to pick up a RTF Bixler 2 to complement my HobbyZone Super Cub. I went to HobbyKing and found the plane and accessories I wanted to purchase. The price seemed reasonable, but once shipping was added, it quickly jumped beyond what I was wanting to invest. The $60 bucks in shipping was too big a pill to swallow. Although the website says it has a warehouse in the USA, it appears you get nailed for shipping from the UK, regardless. Any rate, I was searching to find out if this plane is sold through any hobby shops in the USA, as I didn't seem to find any. My SC was purchased through HobbyTown, although made by HobbyZone, so I thought maybe HobbyKing does this too. Anyone know if this plane is offered at any of the stateside hobby stores? I am not interested in picking up an Ebay purchase of one. I'd like to pick up an RTF Bixler 2, but for the price I was quoted with shipping, I can almost as easily pick up another HobbyZone SC. I saw buddycodes which I guess are cupon codes at their website, but I never saw anything that allowed them to be added in when I tried to do a PayPal payment at the time. I have no idea if they work or if they are allowed on such a purchase though.

Thanks...
Old 10-29-2013, 07:39 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

silly question probably... you mentioned the USA warehouse, but shipping to the UK....
have you checked prices at the UK warehouse shipping to the UK?
Old 10-31-2013, 12:41 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

This link my help.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1231310
Old 11-01-2013, 02:15 AM
coupe1942

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I have already been viewing the thread and am wading through at a very slow pace. Lots of info to digest there and a lot to pick and choose just what is the better guide from people. I got the problems corrected with their ordering and PayPal. I opted to go for the Bixler v1.1 instead of the Bixler 2. As a matter of fact, I ordered both an RTF and a ARF. The shipping in the USA is reasonable. Although they tell you than an item is shipped, they really don't show when to expect it. At least that is what I have run into so far with the first order. Hopefully the USA warehouse will stock more parts in the future. They do have more parts for the Bixler 2 than the v1.1 model. Anxious to get the first order in and begin to play about with assembly. Again, thanks for the info.