Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Os 160fx - 0s 200fs p

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Os 160fx - 0s 200fs p

Old 12-29-2013, 11:31 PM
izzy-israel-73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well fellas I have made my mind up thanx to you guys I went out and purchased a DLE 30CC RC I hope it has the ponys to hover my Extra or out come's the shot gun lol
Old 12-29-2013, 11:34 PM
izzy-israel-73

John what the hell is that hanging off the front looks like lol gonads
Old 12-29-2013, 11:37 PM
izzy-israel-73

Kiwibob I purchased a DLE 30 RC for $300 at my door step
Old 12-30-2013, 11:37 AM
kiwibob72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a SWEET price for a DLE30 Izzy, the 'local' DLE supplier lists the 30cc at AUD$404 (converted), and the DLE35RA at AUD$431 .... just wondering IF those guys do export orders being as freight on things ex Aussie is next to nothing Vs the States or Asia (not too mention that it's a lot faster too) - I'm now quite keen to know what else they offer!!.

PS - the dude at out club with the other 73" Sbach and that motor was NOT complaining about the power, it had more than enough enough poke to do what ever he could to the thing!
The spec's tell the story though ... 8.5kg static thrust/7.5kg pulling force at 1800mtr altitude, so depending on how you end up weight wise, it'll pull around 1.5-2 times the weight of your model - straight up!! (vroom vroom)

Last edited by kiwibob72; 12-30-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:48 PM
izzy-israel-73

Hey Kiwibob I purchased thr motor from Justrcmodels on ebay he wavered the shipping cost there is another place called Chinoeuk2010 they are from England they sell the motor for $290.90 Aud that's with shipping . I went with Justrcmodels as the guy Paul was very patient with me and gave me good advise

Last edited by izzy-israel-73; 12-30-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:41 PM
kiwibob72

Had a look through the thread and found his name then website earlier this morning. I'm going to keep him in mind as I have family in Melbourne I can have it sent too should I need another one (as I'm sure I will at some point).

Quick question though, what's the depth from the firewall to front of cowl/back of spinner/prop on that plane of your's?- the DLE30 & 35 come with standoffs for 160mm.

I ask as I've found this out today on my 30cc Sbach, in that the airframe is setup for that 160mm 30/35cc standard depth, yet my CRRC's mounts allow for 140mm (just as well I know of a few decent light engineering shops who could make me a new set of engine mounts simple enough - the vertical centering needs adjusting too - so spacers won't cut it in this instance). Least it's not a biggie.
The attached pic show's my issue, as the DLE30's mounting points are centered at 54 & 70mm, and are centered on the X & Y axis from the prop - which makes mounting really simple (my vertical centering is centered off the main beam, not the TOP of the main beam/prop center as it should be).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	201062313440497.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1952696  
Old 12-31-2013, 02:32 AM
izzy-israel-73

not quite sure haven't measured it yet but the FTL 52CC fit's in easily they have a very large cowl on the Seagull Extra 260 so I don't think there should be no probs fitting the DLE 30
Old 12-31-2013, 01:03 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by izzy-israel-73
John what the hell is that hanging off the front looks like lol gonads

The Propellor the kind you have to carve yourself

OK now how about a clarification? First you ask a favored choice between two engines and I among others responeded accordingly and then the thread drifted to a different type of engine and that fine but now in later posts it sure sound like you have alreadin installed the Turnigy, did I read correctly?

If so it makes no sense at all to not testing it after you have went to the trouble of installing it. I have already related my experience with the Turnigy in another of your threads and while its not a perfect engine it is also not all negative either, test the darn thing and stop playing musical chairs with your engines

John
Old 12-31-2013, 08:08 PM
kiwibob72

Originally Posted by izzy-israel-73
Well fellas I have made my mind up thanx to you guys I went out and purchased a DLE 30CC RC I hope it has the ponys to hover my Extra or out come's the shot gun lol
Izzy, I had this pop up on YouTube and thought of your comment - this 76" model has a DLE30 in it according to the blurb (Ie it's a bigger airframe than yours with the same donk in it), and going by his flying at about 3:40 min into the video, as long as you keep her light, I'd safely say yours should hover without too much issue!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWLcfEQrz9A
Old 01-01-2014, 08:05 AM
izzy-israel-73

Hi John no I didn't actually install the engine I just placed it on the fire wall and then placed it in the cowl to see how much room no holes have been drilled in fire wall, sold the FTL 52CC Engine on RC Trader for $150.00 then purchased the DLE engine, just thought the motor would of been to heavy for the plane for what I have been reading!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:17 AM
izzy-israel-73

Hi John no I didn't install the engine just sat it up on the fire wall and checked what room I had also inside the cowl never pre drilled any holes in fire wall or cut out any holes in the cowl, sold the FTL 52 on Rc Trader sold strate away so then went ahead and purchased the DLE 30 as from reading these threads I decided that would be the right engine for the plane or the DLE 35 which I really would of liked but was a bit out of my price range! KiwiBob yes I will be trying to keep the weight down I feel the DLE 30 will do fine