Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Need advise and help on new project

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Need advise and help on new project

Old 02-24-2014, 08:10 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yup. that's a bit of a complicated bellcrank, but a bellcrank nonetheless.
I completely agree with jester, use a different method (unless it's a scale detail and you're going for scale )
Old 02-24-2014, 06:36 PM
daddyrabbit1234
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I have a name for it I'll research my options and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:35 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Exactly where is the it slipping and where is it worn? Is it the General purpose nylon arm that is slipping on the brass tube or are the soldered joints on the custom brass horns broken and slipping.

You are not going to find that exact thing except perhaps the general purpose nylon horns and all the rest are custom fabricated by the builder. Also to arbitrarily replace it, well that that is going to involve major surgery. I would be more inclined to simply find the problem with the slipping and address that.

Of course the last resort would be to abandon that crank altogether and go ahead an do it the modern way by using a simple double pushrod. What works very well indeed when double pushrods are used is to of course just have the wire portion of the forward end of one pushrod slightly longer before it goes into the carbon fiber or wood dowel and then the second pushrod at the forward end just has a few inchs of wire without anything. These two forward ends are next to each other close near the servo and two wheel collers are slipped over them to allow perfect adjustability but secure.

John
Old 02-25-2014, 06:48 PM
daddyrabbit1234
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnBuckner
Exactly where is the it slipping and where is it worn? Is it the General purpose nylon arm that is slipping on the brass tube or are the soldered joints on the custom brass horns broken and slipping.

You are not going to find that exact thing except perhaps the general purpose nylon horns and all the rest are custom fabricated by the builder. Also to arbitrarily replace it, well that that is going to involve major surgery. I would be more inclined to simply find the problem with the slipping and address that.

Of course the last resort would be to abandon that crank altogether and go ahead an do it the modern way by using a simple double pushrod. What works very well indeed when double pushrods are used is to of course just have the wire portion of the forward end of one pushrod slightly longer before it goes into the carbon fiber or wood dowel and then the second pushrod at the forward end just has a few inchs of wire without anything. These two forward ends are next to each other close near the servo and two wheel collers are slipped over them to allow perfect adjustability but secure.

John
John, The nylon arm is slipping and slopping on the brass rod. Can you post a pic of the double push rod setup you are referring to? I've searched and I can't find any pic's of that type setup.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:26 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This may help.

http://www.rcworld.com.au/media/down...d%20System.pdf
Old 02-26-2014, 02:36 AM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=daddyrabbit1234;11746044. Can you post a pic of the double push rod setup you are referring to? I've searched and I can't find any pic's of that type setup.[/QUOTE]

Yes, here are two of my airplanes with double pushrods to one servo. and I have a few others. Its a good system with no slop and I sometimes have used it for two elevator halves or separate rudder and tailwheel.

John

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hellcat (4).JPG
Views:	20
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1972608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Moskito D (3).JPG
Views:	22
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1972609