Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Maiden flight for my Apprentice S15e??

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Maiden flight for my Apprentice S15e??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 06:50 AM
CC268

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maiden flight for my Apprentice S15e??

Hey guys, so I picked up an E-flite Apprentice S15e yesterday and picked up an extra battery. Got it built and both batteries charged. It is cloudy and rainy today so I don't know if I will get to fly it .

It has been a few years since I have flown RC, but I used to have the Super Cub and the Mini Super Cub, so I have a good amount of experience with these beginner planes. I am a college student currently, and pick up things pretty fast. Do you think I am prepared to fly this plane? I have watched a ton of videos over on Flite Test and it looks like this plane is really easy to fly. I would have loved to of bought a simulator to freshen up my skills, but I just don't have the cash for one right now.

I may pick up a JR cable at the hobby shop to try Clearview with my DX5e

Anyways, just wanting to get your guys' thoughts.

Thanks

Last edited by CC268; 03-01-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:43 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Without seeing you fly there is no way we can tell you if you are ready to solo with an Apprentice. It's not that much more advanced than a Super Cub though, so if you are confident that you could still get one of those up and down in one piece, you will probably do fine with the Apprentice too.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:47 AM
CC268

Yea I gotcha....I am being as cautious as possible. I think at first I will do some taxiing, then practice taking off and flying 5-10 ft high for about 100 feet and then landing. They did this on Flite Test and it seems really helpful. Then when I have a good feel for the controls I will fly around.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:39 AM
CC268

Well guys, I went out and flew it! The thing is sweet! Perfect take off and landing. I would say this thing is easier to fly than my Super Cub was. If I was a complete newbie to this I would probably still want to practice with a simulator, but even with just the little experience I have with flying, it was a breeze to fly. Gonna go get a few things at the hobby shop and fly this thing again later! (if it isn't raining)
Old 03-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Gerald16

Bossman (CC268),
Fly it a couple of times more before considering anything you want to do. This craft is the same as any one else: "a Woman". TODAY all love and willing to obey YOUR rules, Tomorrow my way or the highway. Don't know what sim you use but try Phoenix. Once you fly it check your mixes set al to 0 and play with your weather, that makes a heck of a difference. Got my missus one and playing with the weather she had no "unhap" and considering her practical after sim flying I am building her a Nitro .46 trainer prior to tackling my war birds. Yes she is going to start slow with the foamies, buddy mark my words she will fly my big balsa in no time. What I worry about is " Hell the Missus are beter than You".
Old 03-01-2014, 02:58 PM
CC268

Went out and flew again, two take offs and landings...so easy! I put bigger wheels on it to handle the grass better, otherwise this thing is a dream to fly. I tried some loops as well in advanced mode, and it was awesome!
Old 09-06-2015, 06:32 AM
uas

Still flying this bird...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn3IP6nmq70