Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I've converted both of my trainers from rubber bands to bolts. The 1st was a Sr Telemaster, the other a USAircore Knight Hawk both of which were taildraggers.

It's not that difficult. While you have the wing under surgery, reduce the dihedral & wing incidence. I made up a new dihedral brace for the Sr Telemaster & converted to a 2-piece wing W/wing struts.

That Telemaster would do some crazy s*** W/an FA-150 on CDI in the nose.

Definately get rid of the tricycle gear!

For the steerable tail wheel just make a 2-piece elevator W/a wire "U" connector. Notch the elevators & run the rudder full width to the bottom. Then use a simple steerable tail wheel that connects to the rudder as in post #10.
    Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 06-03-2014 at 05:43 PM.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41
    - 1/3 Spacewalker, Rascal 110
    CUB BH #231 - Wings Maker 1/5 J-3 Cub

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    +1 Jester, the secret is to just not cartwheel. I do have to remove some material for my Ultra Sport wing bolts, but it is mostly just the threads and a tiny bit of the meat from the bolt.Calvi
    Ultra Sport Brother # 144

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    FWIW...I just cartwheeled mine today. Assuming it was a stall on take off but regardless the plane cartwheeled and only damage was to the firewall. The wings were cocked a bit in the saddle but no structural damage from what I can see. Been flying solo on and off for years and this is the first time this has happened. In this case rubber bands saved my wing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sorry to hear of your mishap Avistarpilot, glad it was not worse.having a wing that sits flat on top of the fuse so it can twist a bit does save on damage for sure. When the wing is "nestled" in the fuse and has no where to go even if the elastics/bolts allow it to move you end up with damage to the fuse and the wing. I hope the firewall is repairable with a little epoxy.Calvi
    Ultra Sport Brother # 144

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12