Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

thor 45cc

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

thor 45cc

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 04:21 PM
meinekeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thor 45cc

please help iv got a thor 45cc motor a its new but set for a long time i put it on my biplane with a 22/10 prop and its hard to start and runs ruff,put a new ngk plug in it ,still wont run right thank any help will do please email me at [email protected]

Last edited by meinekeman; 06-22-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:40 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

It probably needs the carburetor cleaned out and gaskets replaced. A can of carb cleaner and a gasket kit will cost you about $10 from a mower parts dealer. You'll need to read the model name and number of the carburetor to get the right parts kit.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:38 AM
jetmech05

Could be a tuning issue.....will it go to full throttle?
Old 06-23-2014, 06:38 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just sitting around for a long time doesn't effect gas engines like it does glow engines. If it's running but not running well it is usually just not in tune. Either timing or the carb needles. I just fired up one of mine that was in a crash then put under the bench several years ago. I did have to set the timing after I installed a new ignition but it fired right up. It then required the needles to be re-set. I had to replace one of the needles due to a bit of a bend so I knew it had to be adjusted a little. I have a mag on my Zinoah G-62 and that engine sits under the bench for a decade or more and usually fires right up when needed. I have rebuilt the carb on this engine once when the diaphragm stiffened up. You can get a complete carb kit from any small engine repair shop if you think you need one. I do like Jester said and just use a spray can of cleaner to flush them out. If you stored the engine wet after running then the diaphragm may be a bit stiff but it does sound like it just needs to be tweaked on a little bit.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:11 PM
meinekeman

no bogs down
Old 06-23-2014, 06:12 PM
meinekeman

how to set timming
Old 06-23-2014, 06:13 PM
meinekeman

i need a spinner to
Old 06-24-2014, 08:10 AM
Gray Beard

There is a gas engine forum you can look at too. If it is bogging down then it is just the needled adjustment. The tuning of the needles is just like on a glow engine, you set the high needle first then the low end. I adjust mine a couple hundred rpm fat then after flying I fine tune them depending on what is needed. Once set I leave them alone.
Really, go into the gas engine forum and look around. It's a lot of work taking photos and teaching how to time one and posting it in the beginners forum when it has already been done in the gas engine forum. Gas engines aren't something most beginners will be using for a while.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:59 PM
meinekeman

thanks
Old 06-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Gray Beard

If you need a photo essay on timing one I can do it again but I'm sure there is one in the other forum.