Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Evolution 15GX gas engine for Club Trainer 60

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Evolution 15GX gas engine for Club Trainer 60

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 09:42 PM
iflyjad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 15GX gas engine for Club Trainer 60

Hi All,

I am new to RC Planes and am putting together my first Trainer. This is a Phoenix Model Boomerang MK II 60 (.61-.75 SCALE) - it is the PH034 model under trainers at www.phoenixmodel.com marketed as the Boomerang in Australia. I am considering both Gas and Electric options at this stage but am not sure which way to go. I have previously raced 1/10 scale Nitro Cars with my son so I have some familiarity with Glow engines.

Anyhow, I am considering the Evolution 15GX gas engine for the Trainer. Can anyone please advise me if this is a good or bad option. Any suggestions most welcomed.

Also do the experienced flyers consider starting out with Gas to be a good option or should I stick with electric? I can see myself eventually having both Gas and Electric planes.

Thank you for any comments and assistance.

Regards Jim
Old 06-23-2014, 06:21 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Good Morning Jim

Have had a lot of good discussions from folks down under using the Boomer and it sure sounds like an excellent first choice. It is not marketed here in North America so can offer no specifics. Now as to the engine and agine no specifics however There are now four of the new OS15GT gassers flying here locally in Senior Cadet trainers including one of my Cadets and that displacement gassers are proving a good combo with those airplanes.

OK one last point and the real reason I replied is when deciding on the power systems for your first trainer (and the choice just expanded only recently with the new small gassors) whether it be gas, glow, electric or heck even diesel it is always better to start with the same type of power system that is your goal in your dream airplanes. Its as simple as that and is the most cost effective down the line when you begin to reach your goals.

John