Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

yet another prop size question this time for a .91 super tigre motor

Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

yet another prop size question this time for a .91 super tigre motor

Old 07-28-2014, 09:52 PM
rcworld2000

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default yet another prop size question this time for a .91 super tigre motor

yet another prop size question this time for a .91 super tigre motor that is in a top flight cessna 182 plane with a 81 inch wing span
Old 07-29-2014, 06:13 AM
jester_s1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Read the manual. You'll want to be in the middle of the road in the diameter to pitch ratio for that plane.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by rcworld2000 View Post
yet another prop size question this time for a .91 super tigre motor that is in a top flight cessna 182 plane with a 81 inch wing span
Mine was in an Extra, and I liked the 14X6. A 15X6 was fine, but had a bit too much braking on approach for my taste. The 13X8 was way too fast for my taste.

If you're going to fly that Cessna like a Cessna, I would expect you'll like the 14x6 or maybe the 15x6. Just my opinion,
Dave Olson
Old 07-29-2014, 09:27 AM
rcworld2000

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

im running a 14x6 now it was on the plane when i bought it. and yes i will fly like a cessna
Old 07-29-2014, 10:42 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There is a prop chart sticky that Dick posted several years ago. I have checked it out several times and it is pretty much dead on to get you into the range of props to start with. I'm pretty old school and still do a lot of prop testing when I get a new engine in a size I haven't used before. As scar mentioned though, I would bet it will be a 14 or 15 inch prop you end up with. The pitch will be the only mystery but I would bet your favorite will be from a 4 to 8 pitch. Just depends on how you like your planes to fly. I prefer longer props with a lower pitch just to slow the plane down and give the added pull and breaking but by testing different props is the only way to find the prop you like the best. It is a little different for each engine/plane combo.
The chart is something people should print out and keep on hand. Over time you get to know what range and pitch to start with then you will collect props in that range and have them on hand. Unless you tend to give props away like I do then you end up buying more.
John Buckner has one of the best prop collections I have ever seen. He once told me to just buy props at swap meets on the cheap and the collection will grow quite quickly.