Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

tactic xxt650

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

tactic xxt650

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 12:11 PM
bignuggets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tactic xxt650

I recently broke one of the toggle switches on my Tactic xxt650 radio. I went ahead and replaced all of them with some rock solid switches from an electronics store. Everything looks and works great. But I was wondering, since the Tactic does not have adjustable knobs, is it possible to replace one of the 2 position switches with one of my many extra adjustable knobs in my parts box Thanks
Old 09-10-2014, 06:54 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You cannot use a pot in place of any of the switches because the processor chip is looking for a specific voltage on different pins when you move the switch. For example, a 3-position switch is connected to different pins on the main processor I.C. When a specific voltage is present on those pins, the processor "knows" which way to move the channel. It's not looking for a variable voltage, just a "high" or "low".
Old 09-22-2014, 04:53 AM
ec121
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also broke a switch on the Tactic. The switch levers are hollow because there is a spring in them and really thin where they neck down to enter the switch body. Doesn't take much to break one. Since my break was on one that wasn't being used, I let it slide. I'll have to be more careful. I have some switches from a JR 10X that are better. I can install one of them when I need the switch.