Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

A lil' problem with my plane...

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

A lil' problem with my plane...

Old 09-13-2014, 07:06 AM
Alectfenrir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A lil' problem with my plane...

Hi all, a noob here.

Thanks all for replying to my question, my aircraft does not turn left as much now

Though I have another question, the Kyosho controller that comes with it has 2 modes, the first mode is set by default but I can't seem to switch to the second one, the instructions said "While pushing the right stick forward, turn on the controller" thats exactly what I did but I got no response, can anyone help me please? Thanks

I recently purchased a Kyosho Minium plane, everything works fine except... That when I accelerate the plane on the ground, it somehow turns left on itself? I checked the wheels, there are no problems with it and there are no control over the wheels.

could anyone advise me on how to fix this problem please? Thanks.

Last edited by Alectfenrir; 09-13-2014 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Additional question
Old 09-13-2014, 07:19 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a standard problem caused by torque reaction.

Hold on half to full right rudder as you apply power, as ground speed increases you reduce the rudder. As you take off release the rudder completely.

Some people find this difficult also some models steer very badly on the ground. One way round this is to hand launch the model.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:56 AM
a70eliminator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

On a taildragger plane, and uncontrollable on the ground, like extreme left, right, and wont go straight just all over the place, means your landing gear is too far forward, it should be just about in line with the leading edge of the wing, too far aft and plane noses over, too far forward and no taxi control.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:16 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On a tail dragger, make sure you have some toe out. Any toe in make taxi very difficult. Post #3 above is also very pertinent.