Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 07:22 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I love the pdf - simply fabulous!!!!

And, SO apropos.

Hope it's OK that I keep a copy for myself.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:18 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by skylark-flier
I love the pdf - simply fabulous!!!!

And, SO apropos.

Hope it's OK that I keep a copy for myself.

When I first saw it I couldn,t resist and wanted it for my avatar but I am having trouble manipulating it. I can't remember but I think it may be copyrighted. none the less I will use it until I get fussed at.

Enjoy
Old 08-07-2015, 09:23 AM
trainermaster80
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HELLO Ed_ Moorman,
suy i have the identical problem with my medication/statins. could you tell me what natural meds you found & tried.?
i amtired all the time & get sleepy. still build model planes 1 hour at a time each day i'm up to it.
thanks frankie TRAINERMASTER80
Old 08-08-2015, 02:26 AM
skylark-flier

Originally Posted by donnyman
When I first saw it I couldn,t resist and wanted it for my avatar but I am having trouble manipulating it. I can't remember but I think it may be copyrighted. none the less I will use it until I get fussed at.

Enjoy
Got it here as a 905x547 gif
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	build-it-yourself.gif
Views:	194
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	2113180  
Old 08-08-2015, 03:38 AM
donnyman

Originally Posted by skylark-flier
Got it here as a 905x547 gif
Thanks!....I saved it and will try it soon.
Old 08-08-2015, 03:55 AM
donnyman

HEY Skylark
it worked..............thanks again
Old 08-08-2015, 04:00 AM
donnyman

Originally Posted by trainermaster80
HELLO Ed_ Moorman,
suy i have the identical problem with my medication/statins. could you tell me what natural meds you found & tried.?
i amtired all the time & get sleepy. still build model planes 1 hour at a time each day i'm up to it.
thanks frankie TRAINERMASTER80

Hey guys Been thinking if we all get together we maybe able to help us all. The MEDS. we are getting is killing us and making somebody very rich at our expense. If we put our heads together who knows what will happen of course we need to confur with the doctors.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:46 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Gundrys-Die...dp/0307352129/

Originally Posted by Greg Renker, co-founder of Guthy-Renker
After my bypass surgery, I read every diet and health book I could find. Dr Gundry's book is revolutionary because its new science is presented in a creative, fun, and easy-to-understand way. You'll want to take immediate action for long-term results; the plan is simple and life-changing.

His diet can reverse the effects of artery blockages in heart disease. He is a cardiologist. In his book he has examples of patients that he could not help, beyond surgery, reduce arteriosclerosis through his diet.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:22 AM
donnyman

George G

I am going to pick up a copy of the book, You seem to be sold on it.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:26 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

George G, I am going to pick up a copy of the book, You seem to be sold on it.
I lost 55 lbs. through his diet. His diet also can help those with or on the road to type 2 diabetes.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:25 PM
BrightGarden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings Gents - I think I lost a lb or two today doing this for four hours, maybe also added a few gray hairs - flipping diesels with no positive outcome (except vast quantities of negative info).

https://youtu.be/J0LBEtSOm1Q
Old 08-09-2015, 04:31 AM
donnyman

Originally Posted by BrightGarden
Greetings Gents - I think I lost a lb or two today doing this for four hours, maybe also added a few gray hairs - flipping diesels with no positive outcome (except vast quantities of negative info).

https://youtu.be/J0LBEtSOm1Q
If I may , for your consideration sir.. I never go near my test stand without it

Name:	DSCF0247.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	2113441  
Old 08-09-2015, 05:54 AM
BrightGarden

If I may , for your consideration sir.. I never go near my test stand without it
Ha! Believe me, the idea did cross my mind but with these diesels they kick back when flooded which can happen easily. With a starter I think you can do some damage in that situation. But thanks!
Old 08-09-2015, 06:16 AM
donnyman

Originally Posted by BrightGarden
Ha! Believe me, the idea did cross my mind but with these diesels they kick back when flooded which can happen easily. With a starter I think you can do some damage in that situation. But thanks!
I understand your concern, But in all the years of using a starter I've never did any damage to me ,the engines or the starter. my fingers can tell you volumes about kickbacks, thus the starter.

that being said, enjoy yourself that's all that matters.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:31 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That MVVS is trying hard to run. Sounds a bit over fueled and undercompressed if I had to guess.

Still what do I know.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:19 AM
donnyman

Hey!

Is it me or what I can't seem to get my steam up and don't feel like doing a whole lotta nothin. When I do manage the get myself outdoors the heat beats me to death.

I must have a hundred honeydo's just waiting for me to take action on but "I ain't got no action in me" I am looking forward to cooler weather but I don't want snow banks either. I could use about a month of 72 to 75 degree weather even a nice inch or two of rain would help, not so long ago we were flooding around here now I have wide cracks in the soil.

I want to get my bird covered but by the time I get up the stairs my tongue is hanging out and I just want to sit and enjoy the A/C. and I end up steering at the walls (fried brain?)

Been doing some limping, my right knee is hurting, the doc. says no big deal and offered a cortisone shot but Here lately I have been shying away from meds. because they seem to do more harm than good so I am really taking it easy. .....If the shot hides the pain how will I know If I am doing more damage to it???????

Ya know! as I sit here pissin an moanin I can't help feeling blessed beyond my just deserves. I got a lot to be thankful for. now if I could just get off my dead a__ and go get somethin done I just might .................................................. .............
Old 08-17-2015, 06:43 AM
spaceworm

Hey!

Is it me or what I can't seem to get my steam up and don't feel like doing a whole lotta nothin. When I do manage the get myself outdoors the heat beats me to death.

I must have a hundred honeydo's just waiting for me to take action on but "I ain't got no action in me" I am looking forward to cooler weather but I don't want snow banks either. I could use about a month of 72 to 75 degree weather even a nice inch or two of rain would help, not so long ago we were flooding around here now I have wide cracks in the soil.

I want to get my bird covered but by the time I get up the stairs my tongue is hanging out and I just want to sit and enjoy the A/C. and I end up steering at the walls (fried brain?)

Been doing some limping, my right knee is hurting, the doc. says no big deal and offered a cortisone shot but Here lately I have been shying away from meds. because they seem to do more harm than good so I am really taking it easy. .....If the shot hides the pain how will I know If I am doing more damage to it???????

Ya know! as I sit here pissin an moanin I can't help feeling blessed beyond my just deserves. I got a lot to be thankful for. now if I could just get off my dead a__ and go get somethin done I just might .................................................. .............

Exactly how I feel! Thanks for posting so I don't have to exert to do so.

Very best regards,

Sincerely, Richard
Old 08-17-2015, 07:19 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Me three Donny and Richard!
Old 08-17-2015, 08:32 AM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

There is nothing better than getting out in the heat of day and sweating some pounds off. Though, over 100 degrees it gets a bit uncomfortable. I have a mess of firewood that I need to buck n split. Looking forward to it in the next few days. We do have a cool spell here. Only getting into the high 90's. During down time I get to build n play with airplanes.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:19 AM
donnyman

Hey ETpilot

A cool spell in the high 90's ?? You have been in the sun too...too long, But I do understand what your saying............unfortunetly!

If I could get myself in gear I might even get dressed.........maybe.......later ................I'll think on it!. Whatcha buildin???
Old 08-17-2015, 10:49 AM
trainermaster80
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DONNYMAN, im in the same shape as you. doctors just tell me i am just old but offer no help. i dont think they want to be bothered with older people. and as my grand ma used to say,i know all those itis boys & aurther is the worst of them. ha! ha! my friends have tried Omega xL & SAY THAT HELPS THEM. GUESS I WILL ORDER SOME & TRY II WENT BACK TO THE EXERCIZE GYM & REJOINED TODAY. WILL GO MONDAY& FRIDAY. HOPE THIS WILL BOOST MY ENERGY. I HAVE BAD BACK PAIN BETWEEN MY SHOULDER BLADES. DOC'S SAY OLD AGE & ARTHERITIS.
I AM CONTINUEING TO TRY TO BUILD MY DYNAFLTE SUPER DECATHLON. USING MATT NEWMANS POST MODS. HAVE TAIL FEATHERS CONSTRUCTION DONE.
YEAR AGO AN ENERGY BOOSTER CALLED HADICAL WAS POPULAR. ANALIZED IT TURNED OUT TO BE ALKYHOL & PRUNE JUICE. WAS TAKEN OFF MARKET
HANG IN THERE DONNYMAN & build a little on your plane when you can. TRAINEMASTER 80 FRANKIE
Old 08-17-2015, 01:26 PM
skylark-flier

I can't tell all y'all how grateful I am about what you've been posting lately - now I know that I'm not the only one who feels like crap half the time. I'm here in Virginia with temps just in the high 80's & low 90's, and I'm melting. Can't imagine what all y'all down there in the BIG country are going through. Y'got my sympathy.

Hey Donnie, got a GREAT fix for that honeydo list. Do like I did, pass it on to the son-in-law. He got 3/4 of it done in one day (would have taken me a week).

In the construction department, I'm still working on the rebuild (re-assembly, resurrection, whatever) of my SIG Stratus - hoping against hope that she's back in flying shape before 2 October. Got a fly-in on the 3rd and I'd LOVE to have her up again by then. Still looking for a new engine though, and that may take some time (y'know, retired$$$$$$$). Gonna order a new radio mid-September - probably one of the new 2.4GHz group (Futaba, of course). Hey, along though lines ... I've been hearing around the web about "dead spots" with the 2.4GHz on-board antenna. Anything to it? I'm kinda planning to place the antenna under the fuel tank, flat on the floor of the plane just in front of the wing - any problems with that? Only metal in the area would be the engine about 6-8" in front of it and above, nose steering rod just above it and the throttle rod on the other side about 4" away.

Hmmm, my lack of memory is striking again - not sure whether I ever posted here about the Stratus. She flew first time on 7 June and went into intensive care on 30 June, right after her rather impressive "figure-9" maneuver on flight #37.
Stratus - new:
Stratus at end of #37:

She's definitely gonna be back in the air before end of year, just hoping it's a lot sooner than that. She's a great plane, HUGE fun to fly.

Name:	100_2015-trimmed.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	2114906   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2016-trimmed.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	2114907   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2063.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	2114909   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2063-trimmed.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	2114910   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2064-trimmed.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	2114911  
Old 08-18-2015, 04:39 AM
FlyerInOKC

Well I discovered my BCBS offered a gym program for $25 a month. The wife joined last month because it was cheaper than paying for physical therapy on her knee. Now I have joined because she thinks if I go too she'll be more motivated. I joined because I want to lose a little of this spare tire I'm carrying around and it helps my back full of hardware. I hope my energy will come up a bit too. I sit on my brains working on a computer to make my living so it has to help. She hits two different gyms one for the heated indoor therapy pool and the other for the machines, padded track, and Jacuzzi. It doesn't hurt that the gyms are air conditioned either!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:23 AM
donnyman

It seems we all have a lot in common, Butt draggin ..eye failin... brain farts... honeydo's......the don't wanna's... an ain't gunna's including the pictures like skylar flyer submitted. Gittin old is a lot to deal with, but what the hell there ain't nothin we can do about it! except maybe a shot of hooch in our ginger ale every now n then so the smiles don't go away.

What i have found is when it all get's unbearable I break out my old trusty trainer plane and just putt around the sky for a while and it all seem's to come together and is well. Taking my time to enjoy the moment while cleaning the caster oil from the side of my bird is sorta therapuetic or something, I don't have the answers for a lot of this stuff but I do have the means to some how work around most of the crummy parts!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:52 AM
FlyerInOKC

I have an old LT40 I love to fly as well. You can't beat a leisurely flight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.