Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

old timers look here must be 50+ years only

Old 08-09-2016, 08:11 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

like the man said LMAO! I love that song! Real comedy you could let the kids watch.

Good memory Flyer
Old 08-09-2016, 08:28 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts

I'm only five feet seven so couldn't cover this one at all!
Old 08-09-2016, 08:38 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 267 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by donnyman
like the man said LMAO! I love that song! Real comedy you could let the kids watch.

Good memory Flyer
Donny, I suspect you and I grew up watching the same types of TV shows. Back then they didn't need curse words or any of that so called edgy stuff. It was just as funny and the whole family could watch too! Do you remember a country comedian named Jerry Clower? He was really funny too. I think it was Charlie Pride (one of my favorites) who helped launch him into stardom.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:50 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Some pictures of the Gueret Interclubs to be getting on with. The 1/4 scale Nieuport 11 was powered by a Saito horizontal twin. There was another powered by a single cylinder Saito but I didn't manage to get a picture of it. The owners planned to fly them together but the twin would only run on one cylinder initially. Once that problem was solved, the model flew well but not at the same time as the other one.

The large twin enginned inter-wars airliner seems to be a club project. The picture features the party from my own club who went to the event: Fabrice, Gerard, Francois and his grandson Robin. The 1/3 scale Sopwith never left the van!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nieuport 11 at Gueret.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	2176290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Large interwars airliner..jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2176291   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sopwith Camel and Nieuport at Gueret..jpg
Views:	137
Size:	587.7 KB
ID:	2176292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Twin interwars French airliner at Gueret.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	2176293  
Old 08-09-2016, 09:16 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
Some pictures of the Gueret Interclubs to be getting on with. The 1/4 scale Nieuport 11 was powered by a Saito horizontal twin. There was another powered by a single cylinder Saito but I didn't manage to get a picture of it. The owners planned to fly them together but the twin would only run on one cylinder initially. Once that problem was solved, the model flew well but not at the same time as the other one.

The large twin enginned inter-wars airliner seems to be a club project. The picture features the party from my own club who went to the event: Fabrice, Gerard, Francois and his grandson Robin. The 1/3 scale Sopwith never left the van!

I love the airliner thanks for posting the pictures!
Old 08-09-2016, 04:20 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I be 68 or so? In 1959 I took a nice 20" electric Cris Craft and cobbled together a nice motor mount to put an .049 into it and dreamed of getting it running in our Ohio lake--finally got it started and it would only run backwards--started it over & over in both directions and it would only run backwards. I figured I needed a reverse prop but there was no LHS or any help at all--I knew no modelers and my dad was a banker = 0 help. Without the internet I was helpless!! It was my fanatical obsessed project for weeks and I almost died at the failure! Sky King rules--along with Fury, Lassie & Rin Tin Tin--you could live a whole nother life in those shoes!.

Last edited by [email protected]; 08-09-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:27 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't go to doctors at all--I'll die tomorrow before dealing with all the absurd contradictions of drugs & surgery. I could tell soooo many stories from friends and docs I've known from way back--so glad I'm outa the medical industry.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:53 PM
biam

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Donny, I suspect you and I grew up watching the same types of TV shows. Back then they didn't need curse words or any of that so called edgy stuff. It was just as funny and the whole family could watch too! Do you remember a country comedian named Jerry Clower? He was really funny too. I think it was Charlie Pride (one of my favorites) who helped launch him into stardom.
I remember him talking about Marcel Ledbetter and coon hunting, what a hoot! Good old memory's!
Old 08-10-2016, 05:12 AM
donnyman

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I don't go to doctors at all--I'll die tomorrow before dealing with all the absurd contradictions of drugs & surgery. I could tell soooo many stories from friends and docs I've known from way back--so glad I'm outa the medical industry.
I have similar feelings and am rather cautious about prescriptions, the drug industry has too much influence with doctors, I see more drug peddlers at the doctors office than patients. The last prescription I took did more damage than good, had me so goofy I only used one pill. and they cost me almost a hundred bucks..ridiculous! I really get scared when I hear let's try these!

I am not a LAB. rat.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:19 AM
donnyman

I am sure we did but the country comedians were introduced to me by my air force squadron members, country western stuff was alien to me but I enjoyed much of it. Some of it angered me.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:42 AM
FlyerInOKC

I am sure we did but the country comedians were introduced to me by my air force squadron members, country western stuff was alien to me but I enjoyed much of it. Some of it angered me.
I don't blame you I wouldn't listen to the some them because i thought they seem to cater to the white sheet and hood crowd if you get my meaning.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:17 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Flew the WOT 4 XL this evening with a two-pipe system. This time I managed not to fill the fuselage with glow fuel! The engine started straight away and the model flew well. Fin modifications seem to have worked.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:34 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
Flew the WOT 4 XL this evening with a two-pipe system. This time I managed not to fill the fuselage with glow fuel! The engine started straight away and the model flew well. Fin modifications seem to have worked.
Glad to hear you got the fuel leak fixed and a successful flight in! I'm starting to wonder if a drain hole would be a good idea in the lowest point below the tank. Sounds like you had Mr. Murphy riding along for a while.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:10 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Who remembers the Carol Burnett show? Now THAT was some funny stuff, especially when Tim Conway and Harvey Korman were involved. How they ever managed to get through some of those routines is beyond me.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:39 PM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by acdii
Who remembers the Carol Burnett show? Now THAT was some funny stuff, especially when Tim Conway and Harvey Korman were involved. How they ever managed to get through some of those routines is beyond me.
The best episodes were when Tim Conway would go off script and cause everyone to loose it!
Old 08-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Really sad that this is a beginners site and all this crap is endless on it, you guys should give it a break. Oops, forgot this is RCU mentality at it's best.

L.G.

Can hardly wait for what's next.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:52 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Leroy Gardner
Really sad that this is a beginners site and all this crap is endless on it, you guys should give it a break. Oops, forgot this is RCU mentality at it's best. L.G. Can hardly wait for what's next.
No moderator has blown the whistle yet. There's been no vulgarity, sexually explicit language, or flames. Most of the discussion has been about model planes, and friendly discussion.

I'm not sure what your problem is. There is no requirement for you to read this thread.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:13 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Originally Posted by GallopingGhostler

I'm not sure what your problem is. There is no requirement for you to read this thread.
I'm not sure either Leroy but if you'd like the thread to return to aeromodelling matters, have a look at the repaired fin on my WOT 4 XL. The original snapped off in flight! The repair features TE section balsa to increase the glueing area and fishing trace bracing wire. I've also replaced the original cheap and nasty foam wheels with some larger Graupner wheels which I bought at a "vide grenier" or car boot sale a few weeks ago.

Name:	WOT4 XL Fin Repaired..JPG
Views:	107
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	2176472  
Old 08-11-2016, 07:06 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

The best episodes were when Tim Conway would go off script and cause everyone to loose it!
Especially the famous twin elephants. That was so totally off the wall none of them expected it and fought back tears trying not to laugh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY Got the latest TH catalog, for once it has more planes than drones on the front cover.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:31 AM
GallopingGhostler

Something related to control line aircraft flying, a little humor from the Red Green TV show. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uku2QueJmk Radio control flying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-RcRX4WsNU

Last edited by GallopingGhostler; 08-11-2016 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Add another video.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:19 AM
rt3232

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I be 68 or so? In 1959 I took a nice 20" electric Cris Craft and cobbled together a nice motor mount to put an .049 into it and dreamed of getting it running in our Ohio lake--finally got it started and it would only run backwards--started it over & over in both directions and it would only run backwards. I figured I needed a reverse prop but there was no LHS or any help at all--I knew no modelers and my dad was a banker = 0 help. Without the internet I was helpless!! It was my fanatical obsessed project for weeks and I almost died at the failure! Sky King rules--along with Fury, Lassie & Rin Tin Tin--you could live a whole nother life in those shoes!.
Also the lone Ranger, Hope Along cassaidy, Only the Wissler knows, Roy Rogers and a few others.
but then that was a long time ago as I am now 84 1/2 and counting, just for S#@t's and giggles my bro and I have out lived both sides of our families by 35 years and we are both working part time at jobs ware we talk to people all the time just to keep our old minds working, trying to stay up to date.

Cheers Bob T
Old 08-11-2016, 02:11 PM
donnyman

Originally Posted by Leroy Gardner
Really sad that this is a beginners site and all this crap is endless on it, you guys should give it a break. Oops, forgot this is RCU mentality at it's best.

L.G.

Can hardly wait for what's next.
The great thing about RCU mentality is YOU don't have to read it! Then comment showing your true inner self.

We see you for who and what you really are!.............. you are not meant to be here.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:27 PM
donnyman

Originally Posted by rt3232
Also the lone Ranger, Hope Along cassaidy, Only the Wissler knows, Roy Rogers and a few others.
but then that was a long time ago as I am now 84 1/2 and counting, just for S#@t's and giggles my bro and I have out lived both sides of our families by 35 years and we are both working part time at jobs ware we talk to people all the time just to keep our old minds working, trying to stay up to date.

Cheers Bob T

You have me by 10 years, and I am pleased to make your aquaintance, You are what this thread is about please hang around.

Are you and active modeler?
Old 08-11-2016, 03:44 PM
rt3232

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have me by 10 years, and I am pleased to make your aquaintance, You are what this thread is about please hang around.

Are you and active modeler?
I am not so sure about that, But I have fun reading what you guys post it keep me thinking

Cheers Bob t
Old 08-11-2016, 05:08 PM
GallopingGhostler

A glutten for punishment, just picked up a left hand exhaust 1950's K&B .35 Torpedo Greenhead (w/o painted head). Got good compression, just need to build me a plane to put it in. Got 42" span Sterling Hellcat profile and 42" Berkeley Interceptor kits. Berkeley is late 1950's, so much more period correct. Will clean up engine, paint head green, install the missing spring steel clip ratchet for for needle valve. This engine will go on the inboard side to direct exhaust down away from the hand that is adjusting the needle. Will fly it on 60' lines.

Name:	K&B Torpedo35 Ebay1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	2176561   Click image for larger version

Name:	K&B Torpedo35 Ebay3.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	352.7 KB
ID:	2176562  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.