Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Glow Plugs and older engine.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Glow Plugs and older engine.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 10:27 AM
erwabo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANKS! Hopefully. The club has a nice 15 step training objective sheet, for you to learn to fly properly and "graduate" to solo flyer. We are supposed to get a bonus soon at work, so im going to buy myself a Taranis, a crappy plane and a nice plane...and a new OS for my one plane.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:09 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Most of us sing the same old song to new people about getting with a club so they get hands on help. The net is OK for some things but there is nothing like having someone there to help out and be able to notice the little things. I try to keep folks from buying anything until they have gotten with a club because most of them have a trainer and buddy box with an instructor to lead the way.
The only glow stick I have seen go bad was one that had the little meter on the top and the meter shorted out and burnt a wire.
Good going on your training flights and an instructor can usually walk you through everything you will need to know, it just takes a bit of time.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:28 PM
erwabo

Yeah it was great going to the club, so many people had so many things to say. Hobbyists always seem to be some really good people. Yeah im not sure what was up with my glow stick..however when I took it apart I did notice the battery was from 2013 so maybe it was just bad. I had the store check it out and he couldn't find anything wrong per se, but he agreed there was something wrong with it. Very odd.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:56 AM
erwabo

Just picked up this bad boy. http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...320/index.html Very nice plane...I was impressed. I wanted something with flaps and landing gear to really dial in Taranis beyond its stock settings and something to really enjoy once I hone my skills. Then I got this one so I can practice at home without having to go to the field http://secure.hobbyzone.com/HBZ4400.html So that gives me 2 electrics and 2 Gas to rebuild and my next one will be an actual build and probably a Gas Corsair with a spark plug...I have a dream LOL
Old 05-21-2015, 03:23 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

What kind of field are you flying at OP? Does it have a paved runway or trees surrounding it?
Old 05-21-2015, 03:49 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have seen the zero and there FW-190, I haven't flown either but the pilots liked them a lot. They aren't beginner planes in the least but nice in the right hands. The foam ARFs are tougher then they look but don't take a lot of abuse so keep your foam safe glue on hand and some good epoxy.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:07 AM
erwabo

It does not have a paved Runway but it does have trees all the way around it....its pretty good size though
Old 05-22-2015, 03:10 AM
erwabo

Originally Posted by AllModesR/C
What kind of field are you flying at OP? Does it have a paved runway or trees surrounding it?
It does not have a paved runway, its just a large grass field surrounded by trees. Its your typical field and its on DNR property, so they cant put a runway in. It has to be primarily left as is. But the cool thing is, Ameila Earhart actually did some testing in the filed back in the day =)
Old 05-28-2015, 07:51 PM
wnewbury

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope your flying is going well. Please remember, it's not "If it crashes" it's "When it crashes" Also we don't say, "I'll fly once more". It's "I'll fly again." I prefer dirt runways because a crash usually doesn't destroy the engine but asphalt or concrete usually does. We don't want anybody to crash but if they do, we want to see it. And where I fly, it takes fire to score the full 10 points on a crash.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:33 AM
erwabo

HA, yes..someone just told me that yesterday. Another guy at the club said, something along the lines of "You don't really learn how to fly until after you crash." Which I guess makes sense because you probably dont take many risks in learning new things if you are too worried about crashing.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:54 PM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hope that guy isn't a flight instructor for full scale.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:26 AM
bikerbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should be a pro now going by my crashes

Last edited by bikerbc; 05-30-2015 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:32 AM
erwabo

HAHA, yeah I myself would prefer not to crash, but im sure it will be happening a few times, especially if I want to learn any acrobatics and more exciting flying.