Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

HobbyKing Backorders

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

HobbyKing Backorders

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 07:29 AM
Slucia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HobbyKing Backorders

Does anyone have any information regarding how long the[TABLE="width: 565"]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 3"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 8"][/TD]
[TD="width: 549"][h=1]OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 Compatible 2.4Ghz Transmitter Module (JR/Turnigy compatible)[/h][/TD]
[TD="width: 8"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 565, colspan: 3"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
has been on back order?

I heard that they are coming out with a new one that uses the internal transmitter antenna. Has anyone else heard that? Where else can I buy a module to control Spektrum systems? I bought a 9X Pro and am anxious to use it.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:52 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Orange stuff gets made in a big run from time to time, so it's only available after a production run and usually not for very long. It's not very good, but modelers who want cheap things buy it up as fast as they can anyway. FYI, some of their receivers have a bad reputation for reliability. Others seem to be fine. You might consider doing some searching around on RCU to learn the difference. The money you save with cheap radio gear frequently gets respent many times over in repairing or replacing wrecked airplanes.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:47 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There back orders can run months or days. One thing we learned was if you had a large order and one item was on back order they held the order until the back ordered part came in. We never placed an order if something was on BO but would place separate orders.