Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Begginers questions answered

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Begginers questions answered

Old 08-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Begginers questions answered

Last night I was out in the shop going through a stack of cut out articles and hard copies of old information. In that stack I ran across and article written by Mike Buzzeo in 09 and sent to me for evaluation and proof reading. I brought it in and have been reading it again and it made me think, Mike wrote a lot of how to articles and I was wondering if these were still in the RCU magazine today. Well, yes they are and better then that is a complete section of items Mike had written over the years. It's filed under Taking a closer look with a fun photo of Mike.
Here is the deal, I see the same questions asked year after year and a lot of the old time RCU members will never reply to. How many times can you answer the what size prop question??
What it says is no one ever bothers to do a search or look at a sticky before asking the question.
MIke put everything into easy to understand language with photos. It would be well worth it for all the new people to go to the magazine and spend a little time to read these articles.
For myself it was like taking a refresher course.
Minnflyer spent a lot of time writing these lessons, glad to see it is still there.
Well worth reading first then asking the question about what you don't understand.
It also gives you a glimpse of some of the things that were available when Mike and Ken were still active. I have noticed some of the old sticky's are timed out these days. Getting Airborn was a bit hit!!
Old 08-06-2015, 04:15 AM
goirish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I miss Mike and his wisdom. He always had time to help other flyers.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:37 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by goirish
I miss Mike and his wisdom. He always had time to help other flyers.
Gene, just for grins go read some of Mikes articles, almost like sitting down and talking with him again. I didn't know RCU still had them filed right on the front page still. RCU could use some mods like that again.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:48 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Minnflyer taught me an awful lot about RC that I "thought" I already knew, but "knew" wrong. I'm among many who miss him and the Getting Airborne website a lot.

It's a shame all the stuff wasn't organized in RCU and RCG where it would be more easily available - there's a whole galaxy of outstanding information locked away that's kinda hard to get at sometimes. I've been through the RCU magazine many times and only rarely have found anything by him - must be looking in the wrong places.

But you're right - a bit of basic searching before asking would probably go a long way toward basic education in the RC world, but as long as there are still guys around willing to help out it's all good.

Last edited by skylark-flier; 08-06-2015 at 06:51 AM.