Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

4CH Transmitter for 6CH Reciever.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

4CH Transmitter for 6CH Reciever.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Clem_Lanoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4CH Transmitter for 6CH Reciever.

Hi!

This might sound very stupid but can a 4 channel transmitter bind with a 6 channel receiver. I have a 4 channel Max Thrust Apprentice.

Secondly, as I have bought the Apprentice without a receiver and transmitter, this means I don't know which one to buy. Whether to go for the cheaper simple ones at 20 quid or the more expensive ones at around 60.

All help is very appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by Clem_Lanoe; 09-18-2015 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Additional info.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:34 PM
jetmech05

I know that not all Futaba 2.4 transmitters will work with all Futaba receivers. But it doesn't have anything to do with channels.
In the ol 72 MHz days a 4 tx would work a 6 rec.
if you're talking Futaba there is or was a chart on their web site that listed what txmtrs worked with what recvrs

Last edited by jetmech05; 09-18-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Clem_Lanoe

Ok thank you very much.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Clem_Lanoe

Oh and would I need a gyroscope for the ailerons, elevator and/or rudder?
Old 09-19-2015, 01:02 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No Gyro needed for a trainer-type plane but if you haven't flown before, an instructor at a local club would be indispensable.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:13 AM
Clem_Lanoe

Originally Posted by RBACONS
No Gyro needed for a trainer-type plane but if you haven't flown before, an instructor at a local club would be indispensable.
Alright, I know a friend who can help me on that.

Last question; Can a 4CH helicopter transmitter work for a 4CH trainer plane?
Old 09-20-2015, 10:20 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

It can but, compared to the standard airplane radios, the controls could be reversed.
IIRC, the standard set up for helicopters is referred to as "Mode 1". This has the throttle and rudder/tail rotor on the right stick and the aileron/elevator on the left. Most airplane radios are set up as "Mode 2". This has the controls swapped to the opposite stick. While it's not a big deal to use that way and it's an easy task at an authorized repair shop to change it, most instructors would want you to use the same "mode" they use for ease of teaching. How you would tell is to move the sticks up and down. If the right stick has a ratcheting control hold, it's "Mode 1" while if it's on the left, it's "Mode 2"

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 09-22-2015 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:04 AM
jetmech05

Yes it can if stated above is the same mode. I've never flown helos but it is my understanding that the only diff between helo xmter and a plane xmter is the labels on the switches and the ratcheting on the throttle.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:03 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The OP mentioned a TX cost as "20 quid", so from that I think he may be one of our British friends from across the pond. If that is correct I then raise the question "is the common TX mode in his home country mode 1 or mode 2 ?". I am not sure of the answer but I was under the impression that most of Europe flew mode 1. Of course Great Britten in not continental Europe, it's a separate island nation. So the question is still open, will he want mode 1 or mode 2 ?
Old 09-22-2015, 05:57 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by 52larry52
The OP mentioned a TX cost as "20 quid", so from that I think he may be one of our British friends from across the pond. If that is correct I then raise the question "is the common TX mode in his home country mode 1 or mode 2 ?". I am not sure of the answer but I was under the impression that most of Europe flew mode 1. Of course Great Britten in not continental Europe, it's a separate island nation. So the question is still open, will he want mode 1 or mode 2 ?
And that, in a nutshell, is why I mentioned it. This is something that he needs to find out BEFORE he starts taking actual instruction from an instructor. It wouldn't work too well if his radio is mode 2 if his instructor's is mode 1 or vise versa