Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

high voltage servos

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

high voltage servos

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 11:59 AM
daydream believer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high voltage servos

I have a futaba 6ex transmitter with the matching receiver
I am about to buy a Hanger 9 Sbach & it is clear the servos will be working hard
I am using spectrum A6180 servos
These may not be high voltage but may use a lot of power from the standard receiver battery leaving the receiver short of power. If that cuts out then presumably the lot hits the deck.

Is it possible to guard against this in a similar way the motor cuts out before the receiver on an electric plane

How do i provide this extra power for the servos. Do i replace the normal battery with a different bigger one & if so how do i know what size to buy.?

Or does one put a dedicated battery for servos only & if so how does one wire it into the system & still retain some safe ty feature
Thanks

Last edited by daydream believer; 09-24-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:43 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Is that the .60 size plane? As long as you are using a good quality battery you'll be fine. If you're set up for NiCd or Nimh batteries, go with a 6v around 1200-1800 mah or so. But buy quality, which means Sanyo cells and welded connections. A .60 size aerobat really doesn't use that much servo power, so the chances of getting brownout with a quality battery in good shape is actually pretty slim. The kind of accomodations you are talking about comes into play up around the 100cc and up gas engine size plane.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:45 PM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it were me I'd use the servos recommended.
Id use a six volt battery at 2000 mAh if you are worried about the load.
now if that still worries you then you can always y harness off of a channel with a battery say 2 6 volt 1500 mAh batteries that would be a lot of power.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:35 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this is a nitro or gas powered you really don't need a redundant receiver pack for aerobatic planes under 50cc.
One 2200 Nixx or Lixx pack will be fine for the servos